Anyone ever remove a tattoo?

SchmuckGirl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is why i have yet to get a tat. i just cant think of something i wont grow out of

You also can put them somewhere easily hidden.

I have a large pieceabove my knee. you might catch a peek of it in the summer. but you wont see it unless im in a showin' mood.

Edited by jagr

I guess I give the Wrecking Balm a try and let you guys know how it goes. I hate to be the idiot to spend a couple hundy on a gimmick cream but like you said, it's worth it to start there.

I hear what you guys are saying about covering it up or incorporating it into something different but this band is very dark. Ah well, maybe I'll splurge on the Wrecking Balm and then move to more painful/expensive methods as my attempts don't work. Thanks for the suggestion to amputate Bret but I was looking for something a little less drastic. I'm not very good at eating my cereal without my right arm.....

I happen to love works by Gustav Klimpt and one painting of his called the Tree of Life is my fave:

klimpttreeoflife.jpg

So I was thinking of doing something like that as a quarter sleeve with the branches kind of up on my shoulder.

My tat guy advised that if I am going to try to incorporate a tree with my black band, I would need to do a black tat so I was looking at tree images in do the quarter sleeve:

treeoflife.jpg

treeoflife2.jpg

I just don't know about the wisdom of adding ink to my arm when I don't like what I already have.

I just hope you don't have the Japanese tattoo and a tramp stamp, they aren't too cool anymore either.

Disclaimer: Japanese tattoo's are still ok if you are actually Japanese or at least half Japanese

Garrett I have a tat above my bootie.....I don't know if you've realized this but people are still getting them now a days and they are VERY easily covered up.

Ananda....I know u may not like the tat anymore but you are a beautiful young lady and any tatoo is not going to dictate how people view you (its not like they are plastered all over your face). For the past 10 years I've worn scrubs to work every day and all my tats where covered up. Now I have to wear suites, skirts, etc. and some of my tats show even with all my darn colored hose. Nobody ever notices them! Woot!

I've heard through the grape vine that the laser is very painful and not always efficacious.

wrecking balm faded a secret tattoo i have a little bit. barely, its still very visible, but i wouldnt recomend it, go to a good shop, give them a general idea, and let them do the creative thinking, mrmako on here has a blackwork cover up, talk to him

wrecking balm faded a secret tattoo i have a little bit. barely, its still very visible, but i wouldnt recomend it, go to a good shop, give them a general idea, and let them do the creative thinking, mrmako on here has a blackwork cover up, talk to him

Yeah....that's the result I was afraid of....... ah well. Bigger tattoo, here I come!!

I found this blurb on the interweb:

wrecking balm is a rip offI bought the 2 month supply of the wrecking balm(around $200) a couple of weeks ago, and found out that the diffusing cream is just 1% hydroquinone, which can be bought over the counter as a skin lightener at a drug store for about $6. The demo-brasion spray is just an exfoliator spray.

Sounds like you could try this hydroquinone to maybe lighten it a bit and this should give you more options if you want to cover it. Also, maybe you could see a dermatologist about a chemical peel or something? IDK