Any of you guys know about auto tech schools

and their ability to fix my truck?

I know that there are schools for all sorts of auto shit, and they obviously are going to need a "canvas" other than the shop teacher's Hyundai.

1) Do you think they'd want to use my truck?

2) How would I go about getting in contact with them about doing free work on my truck?

3) Has anyone had experience on either side of this transaction before?

4) Is it a wise thing to do, and will the results be....acceptable?

Yeah, but the masters quoted me at $11k in body repair alone. So that just leaves me with the other option

Honestly, I would just wait until you can do it right.

With that kind of vehicle (at least in my opinion) I would rather drive it dented and not in perfect shape until I had the money to restore it right.

It really isn't that big of an eyesore to see a classic vehicle in rough shape, as it is expected.

You're only 19 like myself, so one day I am sure you will have the cash money to do it right.

My 2 cents.

I wouldn't trust students to "test-out" newly-learned skills on that truck. Maybe contact that Rolla guy on here for another quote? You could always fix a small portion at a time; whenever you've got the dough.

Call Columbus State. They will work on cars other than the lab ones. How much they will do depends on the class. I know the labor is free, all you pay is parts.

I'm pretty sure the schools won't touch your truck. Now if you were donating it that's different or if you knew one of the teachers etc.

Unless the body work side of things is different.

Nah most schools will take in some cars, but they don't ever promise them out at a certain date. I remember a fox body Mustang was on our autobody side of the shop for a whole school year before it was finished.

I know back when I went to the JVS in Licking County, the we could get our cars fixed for just the cost of parts. I always did my own stuff, so I never used them. I know a few kids that did and they didn't have any problems. Of course that was mechanical stuff. If it was body work, they had a different course for that, and that was full of the stoners and drop outs out of the mechanic classes. I doubt they could even draw a straight line, let alone make a car straight.