Art95Celica

HAOLE

Please read this first...

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30159

So Art95Celica is selling a blown set of speakers, trying to powder coat the fact that they are half blown. I called him on the spot about the sale of bad speakers. I just got this work of a P.M. from him.

What was the purpose of your post in my thread about my sub's for sale? I clearly indicated the status, and functionality the speakers are in. I did not see how that post can help that topic. Do you have any friends that are Black, Jewish, chinese(I'm leaving Chinese lower- case 'cause they are little people and I think it's funny), God forbid homosexuals(lowercase also, needs no explanation)? When you introduce those friends, if you have any friends of the above, as such? I would certainly hope not. Thank you for pointing out the speakers have a blown coil. That information was disclosed at the start of the topic. If you are a Dr. are you accepting new Patients? Someone as observative as you has to be a wonderful DR.

If you are going to sell bad goods don't do it on CR bottom line. :nutkick:

latest P.M.

I am just messing around with this. I know the speakers are not the best, they are what they are. A perfect set of subs for someone with a budget. For the price I do believe the only way to get a better deal is if you are stealing speakers.

I would not sell these if I knew they were unfit. For $100 this IS a GREAT BUY!

Again all in good fun. Very seriously, God Bless.

Arthur

Again have you personally looked at my speakers? Come look at them, then and only then, can u say something about this subject. Get it out of your head what condtion these are in. You have not seen or heard these.

$100 is a steal.

#1: $100 for two subs with blow voice coils is not a steal.

#2: I have seen DVC subs with a single bad coil work, and sound alright. But it was a factory defect, not from damage. Which would make me hesistant on trusting the "good" coils

#1: $100 for two subs with blow voice coils is not a steal.

#2: I have seen DVC subs with a single bad coil work, and sound alright. But it was a factory defect, not from damage. Which would make me hesistant on trusting the "good" coils

QFT

The causes for speaker failure can be either thermal or mechanical.

The causes for thermal failure are :

* too much input power

* signals outside the speaker bandpass (radio frequency, subsonic frequencies, deep bass). Energy not to converted to sound ends up as heat

* amplifier clip, the most common cause of thermal failure

* direct current (DC) at the amplifier output, although this is uncommon in today's amplifiers

* excessive equalization, mostly high frequencies, since these frequencies exhibit low transducer efficiency and generate lots of heat

To prevent thermal failure, avoid amplifier clip and ensure that the speaker is only receiving frequencies within its bandpass, using high-pass and low-pass filters to limit the frequency content being fed to the speaker.

The causes for mechanical failure are always linked to excessive diaphragm (cone) movement. The speaker shows greater excursion (backward and forward movement) the lower the frequency. Hence a signal low enough in frequency and large enough in level may cause the voice coil to exit the gap, resulting in the coil rubbing, and possible ending up shorting or opening. The worst case scenario happens when the coil former hits the bottom pole piece ("bottoms out") and gets deformed. To prevent mechanical failure, avoid using signals below a speaker's bandpass, and use an amplifier of the correct power output.

My point in posting my response was it seem like it was being portrayed the the blown coil was a good thing. "Now you only need half the power to drive them". This is not an audio site, and I would hate to see someone that is not familiar with audio buy something they don't understand the damage. I was not making it a personal issue until I got that first pm.

Again have you personally looked at my speakers? Come look at them, then and only then, can u say something about this subject. Get it out of your head what condtion these are in. You have not seen or heard these.

$100 is a steal.

BULL FUCKING SHIT. If 1 voice coil is already gone on each speaker that means that you have damaged the coils to thep oint that 2 of them gave up teh ghost total. ythat means the life left in the last 1 will not be that great.

Also when a speaker is designed to be dual voice coil when you run it on 1 it will cause the speaker to "FLAP" . That will give you a very shitty sound. if all you care about is boom then more power to you. But if you goto the fleemarket with 100$ you can get some nice ass non blown woofers.

Shit my buddy just picked up 2 MA 12's for 100$ shipped NEW off of ebay.

I mean selling the box and throwing in the woofers would be ok. But chargining anyone jack for woofers that are already damaged is kinda fucked up.

Again as most cr member are not audio guys if they bought them they would hear the flooopy bass and possibly not relize how good a nice pair of DVC should sound. TIGHT AND PUNCHY.

Mike, where do you get your information? It's laughable.

Every time someone posts against Rick, you feel the need to defend him. Are you two going steady? It's cute. I bet you wear his jacket too. <3 <3 <3

Every time someone posts against Rick, you feel the need to defend him. Are you two going steady? It's cute. I bet you wear his jacket too. <3 <3 <3

I know it is going to hurt.... but mensan, we are through, I moved on to someone else :rolleyes:

You still did not answer me!

Thanks, Nancy.

His jacket?! It's summertime, we don't need clothes. :gay:

I'm glad so many people have an opinion on this matter. Has anyone ever posted a car for sale on this site that needs work, or maybe an engine? Why is it with speakers, that CAN be repaired, you all are jumping in. These Subs have been played daily on 300 watts for almost 8 months. I would say they work just fine.I am selling this for what I feel is a fair price, and I am saying the condition that these are in. Honestly if I was trying to fuck over all of these no nothing car audio guys on this site, I would not have said a damn thing. Just plug in the amp and have at it. They are wired at 2 ohms play the shit outa them.

Thanks again for all the input. If I ever see anything that is not new in box, do I have a right to jump in the thread and say it is shit because Ebay has that same or similar item for less? If you have nothing positive to contribute to the thread then stay out of the thread. I stand by this at the price it is offered at. If you don't like it then dont buy it.

For the last time, $100 for two MB Quart 12's with a blown coil per sub in a bandpass box, is a fair price. IN MY OPINION. I will play these until they sell.