Jim Keim Ford

kirks5oh

I had an issue with my cobra when i took it to get drag radials installed (the car ran perfectly fine when i arrived, and after the tech put the car on their lift, it wouldn't start). anyways, i had the car towed (within 1.5 hrs) to jim keim ford in hilliard, since i had one month left on my warranty. i knew it was something with the fuel system, and knew they would probably deny my warranty (since i have a boost-a-pump, bigger injectors, and have upgraded all the wiring in the fuel system)--i just wanted them to diagnose the car.

they spent hours diagnosing the car, checked everything, and in the end one of the fuel hoses that i upgraded had come undone from inside the tank. we agreed on $90 for the diagnosis, and $40 for the fix. however, they put a small scratch on one of my wheels and had to send it out to be fixed. the wheel looks perfect, and they didn't charge me for any of the work. so in the end, i paid absolutely nothing, the car was stored inside the whole time, and wasn't even very dusty/dirty when i got it back.

all in all, i'm quite pleased, for once, with a car dealership, and got multiple compliments on my car from every person i saw there.

• 3 weeks later...

we took our Escape out there...was there for 42 days while they put a new trans in(they told is 5 days and we would have it back..in the mean time they fucked up the paint scratches everywhere. a few dents then got all bitchy when we pointed them out...we had the car no longer then 5,000 miles when the trans let go..(only worked in R) everything was perfect...not dosent look so good...wrappers in the car from them doing there test drive..they aloud to eat i take it in the cars... and for the 42 days it was there they charged us for a rental... 10 bucks a day for a POS focus......

they must not of liked our truck... :confused:

They blaimed my head tick (TSB, everyone knows about it) on nitrous. I kind of expected them to try that, but it's still bs. I called Ford and they called the dealer and told them it was bs and to do it for me :cool: .

They blaimed my head tick (TSB, everyone knows about it) on nitrous. I kind of expected them to try that, but it's still bs. I called Ford and they called the dealer and told them it was bs and to do it for me :cool: .

And did they?

we took our Escape out there...was there for 42 days while they put a new trans in(they told is 5 days and we would have it back..in the mean time they fucked up the paint scratches everywhere. a few dents then got all bitchy when we pointed them out...we had the car no longer then 5,000 miles when the trans let go..(only worked in R) everything was perfect...not dosent look so good...wrappers in the car from them doing there test drive..they aloud to eat i take it in the cars... and for the 42 days it was there they charged us for a rental... 10 bucks a day for a POS focus......

they must not of liked our truck... :confused:

Probably because it's not a TRUCK!

But I see what your saying. There's no way in hell they should've charged you for a rental. Maybe for the first 5 days but thats it. You should've complained more and gotten that charge taken care of. I worked at Graham Ford for a few months, every now and then a car would come in like this but the SA always kissed the customers ass as much as possible. A charge like that shouldve been taken care of.