How to get smoking grandma smell out of car?

Buck531

The Regal I just got smells like Grandma's apartment/car with smoke being there along with the freshness of a million air fresheners. How do I get that smell out?

I guess I can take some type of leather cleaner to the seats, clean up the windows real good. Anything else that you folks know of to get the smell out?

I roll down my windows when I smoke. This smell is more like the lady rolled up all the windows and chain smoked a pack a day in it, then threw a few air fresheners to cover it up. My car doesn't smell nearly as bad since I at least crack my windows every time I smoke.

my dad uses this Vanilla shit you put in the ash tray and every time he smokes in the car he just puts his lit cigarette in the ashtray and it covers up the smell, you can't tell anyone smokes in his car, I think he picked the stuff up at wally world. Febreeze over and over the entire car, his car has cloth seats, he shampoo'd the carpet, seats with just regular carpet cleaner the 2nd time he cleaned the carpets, he used carpet cleaner and poured some febreeze in with the carpet cleaner and it got rid of the smell out of the seats and carpet, IM not too sure with the car having leather interior I can ask him later on today to see what he says and i will let you know

The dealers have something they use. I dont know the name of it, but it is sprayed into the HVAC ducts. Maybe someone that works at a dealer can tell you,

We have a product called DWD2 which is an EVAP/HVAC cleaner and it helps with your air, but not with fabric smells and whatnot, but it'd help I'm sure.

You could try to take it somewhere and have them "recondition" it and it usually gets allt hat smell out.

I use bananna peals, works great. Don't leave them in more than over night though or you will get the rotten smell. I have heard you can leave a box of baking soda in the car too. All windows up for both! Let us know what works.

Eric

Get some baking soda and cover all the carpet with it. Let it sit for an hour or so. Vacuum it all up again. Make sure you get all the cracks and whatnot. If this does not help then get a bowl of vinegar and put it in your car overnight. Vinegar really helps remove cigarette smoke. Trust me works well.

Guest Removed
The dealers have something they use. I dont know the name of it, but it is sprayed into the HVAC ducts. Maybe someone that works at a dealer can tell you,

We have this setup .

Call fo more details and pricing.

replace the interior

only sure way to get it all

ha.. not going to happen. . I just bought this car. The interior is MINT. I'm not about go to swapping interiors out.

I"ll try the apple trick above and see what happens. Along with the baking soda. Thanks.