Home voice/data/video stuff

Tractor

I'm building a house this summer and am installing the wiring for the voice/data/sat vid stuff this week. I got no problems running the drops, but am going to need a structured wiring cabinet in my basement at some point. Anyone know a good place to get all the stuff I need? I've looked at a few websites I found real quick that sell Leviton and Greyfox, but I can't find much in the way of modules for either of these products. The preconfigured ones they sell are completely inadequate for the size project I'm looking for and the DO-IT-YOURSELF custom stuff that the sites sell are just a few here and there and not the full catalog. Any ideas?

Evan

Call Lobe electric.

I personally like to make full 66 blocks

http://www.sfcable.com/cable/p/103101.html

then run that to a punch panel with how ever many drops your doing then have a nice switch mounted down there. I suggest a mini Telco rack honestly. You don't have to do it that way. If you want some free advice on this I can take a look at it on paper. I used to work for Triangle cable and designed many setups.

Yeah that block is more what I had in mind. I'd have to buy several of Levitons big ones just to have the expandability I am building into the walls and that would get stupid expensive. Does Lobe sell everything one would need for multimedia setups like this?

Evan

I am 99% sure they do. i know thats were I used to buy 99% of the stuff minus cable i got that from ebay allot of times. The quality is not as good. Make sure you use Plenum cable in the walls. Or you will not pass fire code. Also if there was ever a fire its dangerous