Straight Pipe the WRX

thorne

I've been listening to videos of it they sound pretty nice.

Sounds about like some of the pipes out there. Plus I pay the time to cut the pipe off. I dunno sounded like fun. I was going to keep the stock incase I did not like it.

I've been listening to videos of it they sound pretty nice.

Sounds about like some of the pipes out there. Plus I pay the time to cut the pipe off. I dunno sounded like fun. I was going to keep the stock incase I did not like it.

I had the VW straight piped for 6 months, Then I got tired of it and put in a resonator lol.

Guest sti06
Does this require a tune? I know you can put a catback on without a tune which doesn't do anything, but a turboback exhaust requires a tune. I have no idea in this situation.

Does this require a tune? I know you can put a catback on without a tune which doesn't do anything, but a turboback exhaust requires a tune. I have no idea in this situation.

I can tune it myself if need be. But I don't forsee it since I already have the catless setup.

My latest tune Its not pulling timing and running a 10.8 AFR on the high end.

I am going to give it a run to see what I think. Anyone suggest were to get it done? Or how hard it is to do it myself.

That exhaust sounds the same as taking it off at the downpipe. If you really want to see what it sounds like drop your catback for a day. It will only be slightly louder than a full pipe out the back. If you like it, get the straight pipe.

Its an easy way to find out before you spend $$ on it.

When the waste gate opens the fun begins, Atleaston externally gated cars, I'm pretty sure his internal. Mine gets so loud its not funny..

I have an internal waste gate with a wastegate dump. It gets pretty loud an thats only with stock turbo.

I would definitly rather have a wastegate dump then straight pipes.

When the waste gate opens the fun begins, Atleaston externally gated cars, I'm pretty sure his internal. Mine gets so loud its not funny..

ah yes, i need to clarify what i said. when i say open wastegate, i dont mean that its open as opposed to closed, i mean it dumps to atmosphere. that way its super quiet whenever you want/need it to be, then when you floor it it sounds gnarly as fuck. for an internal gate like his, this isnt an option. straight pipes blow though.