Pics of my Raptor 660R

Nitrousbird

Fixed something on it today, decided to give it a bath and take a couple of pics of it:

http://cofba.org/users/nitrousbird/Raptor/Raptor%20RS.JPG

http://cofba.org/users/nitrousbird/Raptor/Raptor%20RR.JPG

http://cofba.org/users/nitrousbird/Raptor/Raptor%20Front%20Close.JPG

Mods: Trailtech Vapor (surprise X-mas present from the g/f), Razor rear tires, pipe, and some motor work I'm unsure of (was told it was bored/stroked to a 750 when I bought it, but I doubt its that big). The rear end might not be stock either, and is !all lights :( . Fun toy, but I don't ride it as much as I should. It's an 04 Limited Edition, hence the color combo.

I bought a Raptor when they first came out in '01. Had to drive clear to Cincy just to find one. I loved that thing while it lasted, though, it could have used some more power. I got rid of it because they were rumored to have tranny issues and mine was starting to act a little funny, so I ditched it.

I'd like to get a YFZ450 quad sometime this summer. Sadly, I need a truck again before I buy one of those.

Nice quad though.

I bought a Raptor when they first came out in '01. Had to drive clear to Cincy just to find one. I loved that thing while it lasted, though, it could have used some more power. I got rid of it because they were rumored to have tranny issues and mine was starting to act a little funny, so I ditched it.

The 01's did have tons of tranny issues; that's the year to avoid.

Mine has plenty of power to keep me happy. Could it be faster, sure, anything can be. But I wouldn't want mine with any more power.

Looks sweet. How does the power compare to a Cannondale Cannibal (the only racing quad I've ridden)?

I have no clue. I've never even seen one in person.

I've had several people ride it and state "someone is going to die on this thing."

i heard the reliability of the YFZ450 is pretty bad compared to the raptor.

Yea, 04-06 had/have some top-end reliability issues. Supposedly the oil squirter they added to the 07's is going to help with this. Time will tell.

Though, I'm not really concerned about reliability too much with the stock motor as I plan on tearing into it anyways when I get one in lieu of a high comp. big bore kit. I am king of all that is quad drag racing ( :cool: ), and thoroughly plan on spraying the shit out of it when I get it. :D