wallmount TV setup?

Skinner

OK well Last weekend we went out and picked up a 42" lcd TV and new surround sound system.

I got the TV mounted on the wall and am running regular coax into it for now.

(still have to run a power to new outlet).

Now what I am wanting to do is to have my components over in a corner away from the TV. I am going to connect my cable to my to the receiver via Component cables. From there I was wanting to run a HDMI cable from the reciever to the TV.

now here is my problem. I am unable to find a wall mount kit for HDMI. I was really not wanting to rig up/cut a panel just to have the cable run through (unless I have to).

Do they make such a place or am I SOL? If they do where can I pick one up locally?

I've seen HDMI wall plates, but most of the videophiles are using cat5 with RJ45 to HDMI patch cables. Most make there own. Try AVSFORUM.COM for more ideas. I'm in the middle of my home wiring this weekend and am running a couple RG6 and cat5 drops per room with a few more in the main areas.

Evan

To tell you the truth I have done quite a few of these install and you just confused me with your question.

Your trying to hook your tv up to your component system and have a wiring question on how to run the wiring. Or your looking for a specific wire?

yes I was wanting to run a s-video from my cable box to my home theater system and a HDMI from the tuner to the TV. but was considering having wall plates for everything.

Decised to go the cheaper route and make as few holes in the wall as possible. Plus the tunner I have doesn't convert s-video to HDMI :( and I didnt want to send the money for a tunner that did.

So I rand a HDMI for the dvd side and run s-video and rca for sound through the tunner for hte TV.

Over all I'm very happy with the results and how it look on the wall. :)

yes I was wanting to run a s-video from my cable box to my home theater system and a HDMI from the tuner to the TV. but was considering having wall plates for everything.

Decised to go the cheaper route and make as few holes in the wall as possible. Plus the tunner I have doesn't convert s-video to HDMI :( and I didnt want to send the money for a tunner that did.

So I rand a HDMI for the dvd side and run s-video and rca for sound through the tunner for hte TV.

Over all I'm very happy with the results and how it look on the wall. :)

You aren't making any sense...

are you hooking the DVD player up with HDMI and the cable box with s-video?

Do you have a seperate cable box and over the air HDTV antenna?

You aren't making any sense...

are you hooking the DVD player up with HDMI and the cable box with s-video?

Do you have a seperate cable box and over the air HDTV antenna?

I have 2 components. a cable box/DVR and a dvd/home theater.

the cable goes from the wall to the cable box, in the back of the cable I have a s video and and my rca's for sound which plays just throught the home threater system. In the back of the home theater I have a HDMI out for dvd and the s-video out for the cable. there that make better sence for ya :).

also playing around with it the reciever hasa usb port on it I plugged in a usb drive that had a .avi movie and the system read it and played the movie (very cool).

this is the unit I picked up.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8230443&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat40200050002&id=1167445162577

I have 2 components. a cable box/DVR and a dvd/home theater.

the cable goes from the wall to the cable box, in the back of the cable I have a s video and and my rca's for sound which plays just throught the home threater system. In the back of the home theater I have a HDMI out for dvd and the s-video out for the cable. there that make better sence for ya :).

also playing around with it the reciever hasa usb port on it I plugged in a usb drive that had a .avi movie and the system read it and played the movie (very cool).

this is the unit I picked up.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8230443&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat40200050002&id=1167445162577

The cable box/DVR should be an HDTV box, so it should have an HDMI and a component out as well. I would hook at least the component straight to the TV. There is no reason to run it through the receiver. S-Video is analog, so is RGB, HDMI is the only digital to digital connection. Running it through the theater will do nothing

The cable box/DVR should be an HDTV box, so it should have an HDMI and a component out as well. I would hook at least the component straight to the TV. There is no reason to run it through the receiver. S-Video is analog, so is RGB, HDMI is the only digital to digital connection. Running it through the theater will do nothing

I must have one of the older dvr boxes it has 3 options. Coax, s-video, and composite (red, white, and yellow rca). Its not a HD box

I must have one of the older dvr boxes it has 3 options. Coax, s-video, and composite (red, white, and yellow rca). Its not a HD box

I will still just go straight to the TV with the S-Video cable and skip the theatre

TV speakers are not as clear as the home theater ones are.

The S-Video cable has NOTHING to do with the sound. You can run the sound to the 5.1 and run the s-video to the tv. Like I said, no reason to go through the theater with the s-video.

With my DVD player I run an optical to my 5.1 and component's to the TV.

The S-Video cable has NOTHING to do with the sound. You can run the sound to the 5.1 and run the s-video to the tv. Like I said, no reason to go through the theater with the s-video.

With my DVD player I run an optical to my 5.1 and component's to the TV.

Oh, Ok I see what your saying now. I might change it out, I have a digital audio out on the TV but no digital audio in. :(

oh and he is a pic of the setup.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/smskinner/100_1254.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/smskinner/100_1250.jpg

#1: You have either WOW or Warner, upgrading your DVR to a Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD DVR will allow you to have HDMI out.

#2: Why the heck are you running RCA out from your 8000 DVR? Either buy an optical cable and use the optical out on the box, OR use a single RCA connector, but connected it to the digital coax out from the box to the digi coax in on the stereo receivor. This way you'll actually get your 5.1 surround.

#3: If you do get an 8300 HD DVR, you can run your HDMI 2 ways. If your TV has 2 HDMI inputs, you could run each individually to it, then an optical cable back from the TV to the receivor. If your receivor does HDMI switching AND is HDCP compatiable, you can run both HDMI cables to it, and a single HDMI cable to your TV.

#1: You have either WOW or Warner, upgrading your DVR to a Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD DVR will allow you to have HDMI out.

#2: Why the heck are you running RCA out from your 8000 DVR? Either buy an optical cable and use the optical out on the box, OR use a single RCA connector, but connected it to the digital coax out from the box to the digi coax in on the stereo receivor. This way you'll actually get your 5.1 surround.

#3: If you do get an 8300 HD DVR, you can run your HDMI 2 ways. If your TV has 2 HDMI inputs, you could run each individually to it, then an optical cable back from the TV to the receivor. If your receivor does HDMI switching AND is HDCP compatiable, you can run both HDMI cables to it, and a single HDMI cable to your TV.

joe thanks for the info will have to looking to the cables and possibling upgrading the box.