I need help

Random Negro

so yesterday i spent fucking over an hour trying to start my bike... after 10 minutes of trying to start it because of it sitting all weekend and it being freezing cold it didn't want to start... so the battery went dead, not sure if this is a regular occurs.

so i tried to push start for the longest time... and my calves still are in pain.

NONE THE LESS

the moral of the story is i need help moving my bike from NKU to my friends house in independence.

if anyone has a trailor i can borrow, a pick up truck they wouldn't mind helping me haul it or whatever, i'd be greatly appreciative. let me know soon because as of now it's part in the same spot as my truck :p

I thought it was dangerous to try to jump start a motorcycle cause the batteries are smaller than a car's.... ?

just to address this...

the batteries are both 12 volts, so its no problem as long as the car is not running.

if the car is running, its a problem, because your bike outputs lets just say 30 amps. the regulator is designed to handle about 700 watts of power or so and only for very short periods of time.

your cars alternator makes maybe 95 amps. 1400 watts... now your bike is trying to deal with double what it was designed to deal with.

something has to go pop, and its always going to be the bike.

how long do i leave the bike charging for before i try and start it?

and do i just simply bring the bike battery to the car and just hook up cables and let it sit for a while?

Leave the battery in the bike if it's convenient. Having the motorcycle battery hooked to your car isn't going to charge it, you're just jumping it. It'll charge as you are riding it once you reach a certain RPM. I would leave it hooked to the car with the car and bike off for a minute or so and then try to start the bike. It should start.

once you get it started, i would estimate that you should ride it for about an hour at highway speeds to get a good charge in there. maybe longer since its cold out now.

if you rode from cincy to cleveland, it would definitely have a charge... that would be cold as shit though... and id be scared at the first gas stop that it wouldnt start again lol.

once you get it started, i would estimate that you should ride it for about an hour at highway speeds to get a good charge in there. maybe longer since its cold out now.

if you rode from cincy to cleveland, it would definitely have a charge... that would be cold as shit though... and id be scared at the first gas stop that it wouldnt start again lol.

+1

When I jumped my battery using my car I rode around for a while stayed in a low gear to keep the rev's up so the battery would charge.