FS: 12V 2.8L VR6 Engine

Guest Lewie06A3

Guest Lewie06A3

Acutally, i'm selling the whole car. It's a 1994 Passat. 270k some miles. I'm only looking for 500 bucks. Then engine ran beautifully the last time i drove it. The problem is, there's no trans in it. However, this could be a perfect opportunity for somebody to do a VR6 swap into a mk2 or mk1 or any vw car pre 97. It has high mileage, but if your worried you can always have it bored to 2.9 or 3.0L and boost it. It would make it a total sleeper. Imagine 500whp in a MK1 rabbit. I have the timing chain kit i was going to do the same time i took the tranny out, and also a new clutch,slave cylinder, PP and TOB. I dont' think the chains are bad in the engine, i was just going to do it as precautionary purposes. The engine has had oil changes every 3000 miles religiously. Always used either 10w40 or 5w40 in it. Never leaked. Hell it never needed oil added to it ever. Always got out of it what i put into it every time. Oh yeah it also has a new coil pack on it about 15k miles ago. This alone is like 200 bucks.

The car also has a new power steering rack on it.

The tires are probably 5k old, it's the bbs 6 spoke rims. Heated seats, leather interior. The tires are Kumho Ecsta 215/50 r15s, W rated.

I will part if needed. Basically if somebody wants to come get the engine and pull it on site, you welcome to do that. I will then get it towed to the nearest boneyard.

Anyways, the car is at zip code 44001 in amherst ohio. You'll probably need some sort of flatbed or tow truck if you want to move it. It's at my uncles house. We could either do paypal or cash in person either way.

Somebody buy this. I need the money for a new DP for my A3.

Guest Lewie06A3
Yeah i know, i was tempted for a while to get a mk1/mk2 chassis and drop this in. I mean if you stroke it to 3.0, and get cams, intake manifold, your at like 225 maybe 230 chp. Put that in a 2000 lb car, and you got a little beast.

Yeah i know, i was tempted for a while to get a mk1/mk2 chassis and drop this in. I mean if you stroke it to 3.0, and get cams, intake manifold, your at like 225 maybe 230 chp. Put that in a 2000 lb car, and you got a little beast.

my buddy has a mk4 vr6 12v, 3.0L, higher compression, fully built balanced/blueprinted, cams the whole deal with a custom giac chip and cat-back. LSD, sway bars, shocks, springs, bbk.

it sounds like pure sex, it has like 120k miles on it and runs flawless. everytime im with him i get so jealous of it. it beat me from a 2nd gear roll, hopefully i can get him once i fix my boost leak and with the new chip i got. ill have to get it done quick cause he is throwing on a gt30r or gt35r on it soon.

Guest Lewie06A3

At one point, before i killed the trans, i thought about giac chip, lsd, cams, and shrick intake mani. Then i looked at the costs of it and it's not too cheap. Then i looked at kinetic engineering's bolt on turbo it, that's running the 60-1 turbonetics turbo. Non intercooled it's 250whp. intercooled it's 300's and with a set of pistons 400. never had the money then to do it.

I can tell you from swap experience you dont just drop it in.

Yeah but these are the average american car either. People do swaps into mk1/mk2's like it's nothing. From what i've read it's easy. Everything bolts in, maybe with a little finesse, and you just have to swap the computer and dash cluster with it. With the computer that came with it it just fires up. Obviously your going to have to rewire shit and what not but people do it very very frequently.