nicks sellin the viper

Bhobs

Being that you are IN the body business, have you ever looked up the parts for a viper? He also didnt say HOW the car was fixed. To a body guy a fix is mudding the 1/4 to a structural tech its cutting the 1/4 off and replaceing it. Its all how people word it. Just a thought from another body shop guy that has order viper parts.

As a matter of fact yes i have what do the parts have to do with body time? Nothing. Being in the body business you would know this. A body guy would be mudding? A structural tech? Can you please give me the definition of that. An estimator determines the type of repair. Not the tech. Can I ask as an individual, do you order your own parts, or does your parts department do that. Or even a parts guy in the body shop. Im not trashing man seriously. Are you independent or do you work for a shop. I myself own an independent shop.

As a matter of fact yes i have what do the parts have to do with body time? Nothing. Being in the body business you would know this. A body guy would be mudding? A structural tech? Can you please give me the definition of that. An estimator determines the type of repair. Not the tech. Can I ask as an individual, do you order your own parts, or does your parts department do that. Or even a parts guy in the body shop. Im not trashing man seriously. Are you independent or do you work for a shop. I myself own an independent shop.

Time to break this down.

360 Iroc

As a matter of fact yes i have what do the parts have to do with body time? Nothing.

Wow I said nothing about body time. What I said was "depending on how the car was fixed by either A)mudding B)replacing 1/4"

360Iroc

Being in the body business you would know this. A body guy would be mudding? A structural tech? Can you please give me the definition of that.

Tell me how can a good body guy mudd when the 1/4 is in 2 feet?

360Iroc

An estimator determines the type of repair. Not the tech.

Thanks.....

360Iroc

Can I ask as an individual, do you order your own parts, or does your parts department do that. Or even a parts guy in the body shop. Im not trashing man seriously. Are you independent or do you work for a shop. I myself own an independent shop.

I am an ex-tech to parts manager to estimator all wrap into one. Making more money is the reason for me moving from tech.

ONCE AGAIN: i didnt ask about repair time on the 1/4 so please dont mention that again. I SAID depending on the wording it could mean two different things. Read my post man I didnt say shit about mudding.

Damn body shop guys and their crazy wording. :D

he said the guy who originally wrecked it knew a guy in a body shop who got it totaled for him. it was like a hook up deal, the owner wanted it totaled so the body guy gave him an estimate that totaled it. so really, the damage might not have been anywhere near totaled, the guy just WANTED it totaled so the body guy did it. atleast thats how i read it.

Right on the money above

The orignal owner had the car paid off..IE no loan on it. People like that are funny about their stuff, this guy knew the guy that owned the body shop that I got the car from and well you can figure out the rest. Either way this is about 10-15 grand less than a used viper GTS would go for on ebay I have more in the car than this..if it doesn't sell no big deal, just buying a house and changing my life a little. But this being said this is a viper you can enjoy and go to Wendy's get a combo meal and not have to constantly stare at you MINT sports car, hell you may even spring for a frosty float.

I think viper bodies are carbon fiber or fiberglass ( correct me if im wrong).... That would be the reason for it being hard to fix and expensive.

You are wrong.... ;)

It's like any other sports car. Who wants to own a Wrecked or Salvage title car of that caliber. Not saying this is a bad buy but people that spend $50-150k+ on cars normally want it perfect. Especially if they plan to keep it for years in a collection, they want a PERFECT ALL ORIGINAL car.... :cool:

This would be perfect for a racecar build...

Time to break this down.

Wow I said nothing about body time. What I said was "depending on how the car was fixed by either A)mudding B)replacing 1/4"

Tell me how can a good body guy mudd when the 1/4 is in 2 feet?

I am an ex-tech to parts manager to estimator all wrap into one. Making more money is the reason for me moving from tech.

ONCE AGAIN: i didnt ask about repair time on the 1/4 so please dont mention that again. I SAID depending on the wording it could mean two different things. Read my post man I didnt say shit about mudding.

Damn body shop guys and their crazy wording. :D

Uni-spotter and knowing how to work metal.

I think you did. Im not going back to read though.

Any tech that makes less then an estimator means they cant turn any hours. Probably best you moved into the office.

Good luck in the sale nick looks good in the pics i see.

Being that you are IN the body business, have you ever looked up the parts for a viper? He also didnt say HOW the car was fixed. To a body guy a fix is mudding the 1/4 to a structural tech its cutting the 1/4 off and replaceing it. Its all how people word it. Just a thought from another body shop guy that has order viper parts.

Your right you said nothing about mudding...

Again whats the definition of a structural tech? Did you work in a shop like Autobody Collision and Glass? There about the only ones that work like an assembly line. Different tech for every part of the car.

This is the stuff that I work on...

http://a86.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_defbc28d517380ad257302173b6e9f2d.jpg

Your right you said nothing about mudding...

Again whats the definition of a structural tech? Did you work in a shop like Autobody Collision and Glass? There about the only ones that work like an assembly line. Different tech for every part of the car.

This is the stuff that I work on...

http://a86.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_defbc28d517380ad257302173b6e9f2d.jpg

No not autobody collision.

Jesus Christ you forgot the hood on the blue car!!!! just thought I would tell you. oh and you cant make money when, at the time, there were only 4 cars in the shop. Now if I was to go back that would change being that we have averaged 60 cars on the property for the last 9 months. Thats with 6 cars leaving a day.

No not autobody collision.

Jesus Christ you forgot the hood on the blue car!!!! just thought I would tell you.

Yeah I didnt paint that one. Actually the strips on the Cutty is what was left over from when I did painted Brians wing on the Civic. They have just a little metalic in them. Looks sweet in person.

Yeah I didnt paint that one. Actually the strips on the Cutty is what was left over from when I did painted Brians wing on the Civic. They have just a little metalic in them. Looks sweet in person.

well other than a short pissing match you seem to be cool. Where is your shop located and whats the name. If I ever get any cars that are not insurance cars I can send them your way for no charge. Just cause Im nice. :) Also I get asked about 5 times a week of other shops I recommend for all overs and old school rod restoration. Just though I would help a little.

Clark