Update on wrecked truck from 11/2/2006

351mach11647545510

As some of you may know, my truck was wrecked back in November last year and I was stupid enough to take it to Bobby Layman Chevrolet to get "fixed"(figured a chevy dealership would know my truck better than anyone and get it done right). After 13+ trips there and them having to redo the body work I finally said good enough and screw it. since then I have had countless mechanicle issues with my truck as well as paint chipping off due to them "fixing" it. so after these problems kept coming up with more and more issues I decided I wasnt going to eat it anymore and found it worth fighting with them and my insurance company again. After having it to them since last monday until this past wednesday, they had to repaint it an ADDITIONAL 4 times and in the end the color does not even match my truck. When I went to pick the truck up wednesday not only was the chrome scuffed up but there was paint on the chrome as well as lots of flaws. In addition to the body work, my A/C still does not work correctly, my cv joint pop and locks like chris brown AND my tonuea cover has deep scratches all over a 1 and a half foot section of it. DO NOT GO TO BOBBY LAYMAN for ANYTHING. their body shop and service dept. can't get anything done right if their lives depended on it. when they put new boots on the cv joints there was grease EVERYWHERE from where they didnt replace them or the axle and they did not so much as wipe any of it up when they put the boots on.

sorry if my grammer is horrible, im running on little sleep and built up frustration.

I remember reading about your problems with your truck before. That does really suck and I hope you get it all worked out sometime. If I remember right you had Nationwide insurance right? Don't they have that life time warranty on the work done at there "blue ribbon" shops? Will they let you take it to a different shop?

I remember reading about your problems with your truck before. That does really suck and I hope you get it all worked out sometime. If I remember right you had Nationwide insurance right? Don't they have that life time warranty on the work done at there "blue ribbon" shops? Will they let you take it to a different shop?

yea, I have already talked to the insurance guy about it and now i just have to get everything squared away with them then pick a shop to take it to. Also it is nationwide and you are right about the "lifetime warranty" they have. as much as this pisses me off, i just dont want to see this happen to anyone else. since all of this i have heard many stories come out of the grain and I cannot believe all the problems with them people have had.