2008 Hayabusa info...

Got-Boost?

You will never be able to get 100% out of any sportbike on the street. Unless you are tracking it, that argument is complete BS. If you are getting anywhere close to full potential, you won't live long on the street... :(

I've schooled many 600cc bikes in the twisties on my old BUSA so it's def not the bike....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only 160 lbs and I am deffinatly not a bad rider. Personally, I just don't feel comfortable trying to move that heavy of a bike around short tight corners, I will, but I don't feel comfortable doing it.

600? I didn't mention any 600's. I've already said it was a sweet bike, there are just better things you can buy for cornering. But there isn't much of that in Ohio anyway.

What's even funnier is the people that nut swing on the 14. Why..? It is still getting dominated in EVERY form of racing event by the BUSA. So it's cunt hair quicker stock, look out. :rolleyes: Who keeps there bike stock anyway...?

Now that the new BUSA will be hitting the streets soon, it will only get worse... :cool:

I think the 8 years of no significant changes to the model have more to do with that than the fact that the Hayabusa is somehow a 'better' platform. The aftermarket has time and incentive to develop for it. I'm hoping Kawi leaves the 14 alone for a few years so more parts will be created. This changing models every two years routine sucks for parts.

I've been hearing that the new Hayabusa is heavier than the old one:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2007/June/june25-jul2/jun2807firstlook2008suzukigsx1300rhayabusa/

It's only 5lbs. heavier than the old one due to the EURO 3 40lb+ exhaust system. Since that's the first thing everyone changes on the current bike, it will be no shock to loose more weight on the new one. Plus it has lighter wheels and parts in the engine. Should be a fun bike for what it's built for.... :cool:

It's only 5lbs. heavier than the old one due to the EURO 3 40lb+ exhaust system. Since that's the first thing everyone changes on the current bike, it will be no shock to loose more weight on the new one. Plus it has lighter wheels and parts in the engine. Should be a fun bike for what it's built for.... :cool:

The old exhaust was pretty heavy, too. The euro emissions crap sucks ass. At least it's more free weight loss.