justified or not?

DeathSandwich

That video is completely 1 sided, what happens before the camera is on? Yea i'm sure those POS kids were "just skateboarding". This is exactly why there are skate parks

exactly, who knows the cop could have asked them nicely 10 times to leave before the video tape started rolling. A kid could have made a threat who knows...

It does look like the cop was out of line but that video doesnt tell the whole story, still reguardless I dont think that type of force was nessary.

Yeah, that's BS. I imagine that the kids were being little punks. "I was just skateboarding" well if you are not suppose to be skateboarding there and the cop asked you to leave, but you didn't, well guess what you are breaking the law. but I do agree that the cop was WAY out of line and didn't handle it professionally at all. You don't beat up a minor for just being a smart ass.

Skate boarders do tend to get picked on by the law. I experienced it myself as a kid. I say he was out of line, no matter what.

BTW... I was watching CNN today at lunch and the video made it to national media

Yeah, I have no doubt they were skateboarding where they shouldnt have been, but we all have to be careful what rights we give up. Pretty soon we won't be able to do anything. Smoking, skateboarding, modifying cars, that stupid ass strip club ordinance that just passed. Free country, I think not.

Yeah, I have no doubt they were skateboarding where they shouldnt have been, but we all have to be careful what rights we give up. Pretty soon we won't be able to do anything. Smoking, skateboarding, modifying cars, that stupid ass strip club ordinance that just passed. Free country, I think not.

Because the majority has a different choice then you?

Because the majority has a different choice then you?

Ermmmm, well Mike, given your age, you don't find it insane that you are old enough to serve our country in battle and vote, but it is illegal for you to sit and have a beer with a few friends? All I'm saying is we should protect our rights as much as we can. Giving them up and having bigger gov control of everthing is not the answer to our problems. That video is a prime example of power hungry goverment control, even though they probably were punk kids.