Wireless Print Server Help

TTQ B4U

Anyone hooked up a wireless print server successfully?

I spent 5hrs myself and with Linksys tech support but couldn't get it to work.

1. Got my wireless router and the wireless print server to see each other and my printer appears.

2. However, I can't get the Computer Set-up portion to complete. When working on step two it installs the wireless print driver...the progress indicator goes from 0-25% very fast, then crawls up to 76% where it says it's verifying the installation and then just spins there. Doesn't freeze up, etc...just spins forever.

Thorne, I appreciate the offer to help via my request, so please call me on my cell (see pm) if you can.

However, if anyone here has done this or is printer savy, insight greatly appreciated.

I have two laptops that I want to print from without having to jerk around with cables or memory cards, etc.....

Thanks in advance guys/gals!

I have done this several times. You need to go into printers and add a local printer (sounds stupid right?).

Create a new port, standart TCP/IP port, then put in the IP address of the print server.

Next you associate the printer with it. The Print server doesn't care what the printer is, the PC is driving all of this all the print server does is take the TCP packets and turn them into USB.

Damn genius you are......now off to install the print drivers on my laptops and fire them up.

2 hrs of my life on phone with Linksys Support and a total of 5hrs myself last night Wasted......20 minutes online here and Viola!

Day is getting better....hope the rest works. :rolleyes:

I have done this several times. You need to go into printers and add a local printer (sounds stupid right?).

Create a new port, standart TCP/IP port, then put in the IP address of the print server.

Next you associate the printer with it. The Print server doesn't care what the printer is, the PC is driving all of this all the print server does is take the TCP packets and turn them into USB.