OBD-I LT1 PCM Help

afterburner82

With the help of one of my friends, we got the OBD-I PCM into my TA this weekend. My problem/concern is this: The PCM I put in was originally in an AT and I have a T56. I noticed right off that it is now real hard to get the car to go into reverse standing still. Even scarier is the transmission will now let me slide over at highway speed from any gear to reverse!!! Before you couldn't do anything to miss 5th and go into reverse and now it will slide right over. My thinking is it has to be something in the PCM that we checked or did not check since I have never had this problem before or did a solenoid magically go out in my transmission that locks out reverse when you are over a certain speed? Or am I clueless and should shut up at this point??? Thanks!!!

Reverse lockout solenoid for the T56 isn't there. The PCM thinks it is.

So did my OBD-II think one was there or another question would be how did it prevent this if there was/is no lockout solenoid? I am curious as to why now all of a sudden I can throw my shifter over to reverse with this PCM and more importantly, if there is a way to prevent it when I am going down the road? I don't mind having to put in a little extra effort to get the car into reverse when I am actually backing out, however, don't want this thing trying to go into reverse on the highway either!!! I can only imagine the carnage that would ensue should that happen! :(

I changed all of the settings that I could find for it to be set to manual... maybe is there something that I'm missing?

I was thinking about just unplugging the reverse lockout, does anyone know if that will cause any issues?