on my way to see transformers!

V8 Beast

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it last night. Definitely one of the best five movies I have ever seen, period. I'm ranking it up there with the LOTR movies, which is, for me, about as good as it gets.

BTW, I went into this movie with a lot of skepticism. I'm old school, I had Transformers as a kid, I watched the cartoons - I saw the original Transformers movie in the theater - so I know the story lines, the background, and so forth. In short, I was expecting to be disappointed. I was not.

A few random thoughts. Warning, the following could be perceived as *SPOILERS*.

- I wish Megatron would have been featured a bit more in the movie. He's always been my favorite, so I was hoping he'd get more screentime. Though, honestly, I thought they did a good job with him in terms of his demeanor, the dialogue, and even his appearance. They certainly captured the essence of Megatron.

- the sequence with Starscream toward the end - transforming repeatedly while taking out a squadron of planes - was perhaps one of the coolest sequences I've ever seen in any movie.

- the chick with the dark hair and blue eyes is a future ex-Mrs. Tilley.

- at the end, after the battle with Megatron, does Optimus say something to effect of "Sorry, brother, I had no other choice" or was that the kid? I was a little confused on that one for a few reasons.

- who LOL'ed when Jazz said, "What's up little bitches?"

- this movie should break every fucking movie box-office record known to man. It deserves it.

- I wish Megatron would have been featured a bit more in the movie.

It's a trilogy. I'm sure he'll be back. Did you see Starscream take off into space during the credits?

Oh, and did anyone else see the air freshener hanging from BumbleBee's rearview mirror?

'Bee-otch'

I bout fell outta my chair laughing at that one. The whole movie was non-stop comedy.

Product placements aside, I loved the movie. Anyone else chuckle when BumbleBee roughed up the VW Beetle?

Since they killed Megatron, I'm betting on Galvatron as the next baddie. Can't have a Galvatron without a Unicron either. [/geek]

And one of my favorite parts has to be the psycho Nokia.

Since they killed Megatron, I'm betting on Galvatron as the next baddie. Can't have a Galvatron without a Unicron either. [/geek]

Yup, I think they set it up perfectly for just that scenario - Starscream survives, retrieves Megatron and the other busted Decepticons, jettisons them off Astrotrain (or whatever that one Transformer's name is), and then we get Galvatron.

I'm totally fine with that as long as (1) we don't have to put up with Rodimus Prime or, more importantly (2) Matthew Broderick providing the voice for Hot Shot/Rodimus. /things I hated about the first Transformers movie

Though I wasnt old enough to see the first when I was a kid when it first came out. I saw it a few years later and I cried when i was like 4 when optimus died. The only movie I ever cried for he was my hero. My dad was a illustrator for the original series toys I have some of the artwork at my house for the toys. The only think I didnt like was the look of starscream. I thought the movie was so badass but starscream looked too bulky. Kinda like a turtle when transformed.

Megatron was not a gun, that made me go meh......

I was put off by that notion at first as well, and the purist in me still thinks he should have been a gun. But, I guess the director (or whoever) wanted to maintain some sense of realism (I know, I know, realism?) insofar as, when they transformed, they should be the equivalent in size (i.e., they didn't want Megatron being this 70-foot robot that, when he transforms, shrinks into a 6-foot long gun). (On a side note, though, they still made the Cube shrink in a seemingly inexplicable fashion, so not sure why they could have done the same with Megatron.) Also, I think having him being an aircraft worked well, and, besides, at one point he morphs (or something) to form a big ass fucking gun on his arm and then jacks up Optimus with it, which was pretty cool.