T56 prob NO 4th gear

muscless

I just had new motor and clutch plate with resurfaced flywheel installed now after 1300 miles my trans will not go into 4th. And sometimes into reverse. all others are fine. Drained fluid and still no better. Any advice? All started after I finally had enough miles to get on it and had it at 7000rpm in 1st and 2nd it got stuck in 2nd for a sec and then 4th went out. Yes motor is built for the rpms. LS6 with MS4, forged and ARP bolts.

I just had new motor and clutch plate with resurfaced flywheel installed now after 1300 miles my trans will not go into 4th. And sometimes into reverse. all others are fine. Drained fluid and still no better. Any advice? All started after I finally had enough miles to get on it and had it at 7000rpm in 1st and 2nd it got stuck in 2nd for a sec and then 4th went out. Yes motor is built for the rpms. LS6 with MS4, forged and ARP bolts.

what brand clutch?

have you tried the Drill mod?

Are you 110% positive the trans is good and well?

Will it go into 4th gear with the car NOT running? (statically)

Unless you changed your shifter to one with overtravel stops (I don't think the factory Hurst has them), you may have bent the shift forks muscling it into gear and possibly caused the synchro keys to come loose (if its sticking in/out of gear but moves when its actually in gear).

If it's working fine at rest but not high RPM, then it probably needs the clutch shimmed to disengage properly, or it could be a hydraulics issue like Zane had. (or both)