Baby Momma Drama

Guest Removed

I found this:

Q.: How does a court decide whether to order shared parenting or order one parent to have custody of the children when a marriage ends?

A.: To determine whether shared parenting is in the best interest of the children, the court considers many factors, including:

* the parents’ ability to cooperate and make joint parenting decisions;

* each parent’s ability to encourage contact and the sharing of love with the other parent;

* any history of, or potential for, child or spousal abuse or other domestic violence, or parental kidnapping by either parent;

* where the parents live in proximity to each other (for practical shared parenting reasons); and

* the recommendation of the child’s guardian ad litem, if applicable.

For cases in which shared parenting is not in the best interests of the children, the court will select a parent (the “residential parent”) to have custody of the children. The court will grant parenting time rights to the other parent.

Q.: I am going through a divorce. At what age can my seven-year-old son choose whether he wants to live with me or with his mother?

A.: Ohio law does not specify an age at which a child may choose his or her own living arrangements. Rather, the court looks at the custody issue on a case-by-case basis, and custody determination is based on a number of factors, including:

* the wishes of the child’s parents;

* the wishes of the child;

* the child’s relationship with parents, siblings, and any other person who may significantly affect the child’s best interest;

* the child’s adjustment to home, school and community;

* the mental and physical health of all those involved;

* the parents’ likelihood of honoring and facilitating court-approved parenting time rights or visitation and companionship rights;

* failure of either parent to make any past child support payments;

* either parent’s previous conviction or guilty plea for a criminal offense involving an abused or neglected child or domestic violence, or evidence that either parent has acted in a way that resulted in a child’s abuse or neglect;

* denial by either parent of the other parent’s right to parenting time;

* either parent’s establishment of a residence, or a plan to move, outside the state.

The court is not allowed to give a parent preference because of that parent’s financial status.

Q.: How and under what circumstances may a child choose which parent will have custody?

A.: As always with regard to children, the court must determine what is in the child’s best interest. The child’s living arrangement preference is only one of many factors that may be considered by the court in determining what is in the child’s best interest. A parent may ask the court to interview the child to find out the child’s preference, and the court may decide to permit such an interview. The interview is not done in open court, but rather, in the judge’s or magistrate’s chambers. The child meets with the judge or magistrate and other court personnel as appropriate, but the child’s parents are not present at the meeting.

Q.: What, if any, guidelines are followed during an interview with a child “in chambers”?

A.: The court (judge or magistrate) will first determine the reasoning ability of the child. If the court determines the child does not have sufficient reasoning ability, then the child will not be asked his or her wishes with regard to custody. If the court decides the child does have sufficient reasoning ability, the court must then decide if there are any special circumstances that would suggest the child’s wishes should not be considered. Assuming the child has sufficient reasoning ability and there are no special circumstances, the court will then ask the child about his or her own wishes regarding custody.

Q.: Does the court always follow the child’s wishes?

A.: Not necessarily. The court still must determine whether it is in that child’s best interest for custody to be granted to the parent chosen. The court also must consider many other factors to determine what is in the child’s best interest. The wishes of an older, more mature child are often weighed very heavily unless there is a negative reason why the child prefers one parent over the other (e.g., lax rules or supervision, substance abuse issues, etc.).

http://www.ohiobar.org/pub/lycu/index.asp?articleid=340

Yeah those are there, dont think they work all the time. if half even work at all.

Guest Removed
To, Too, and Two. Learn them. Use them. Love them.

That out of the way, my brain aneurysm subsides and I can wish you the best of luck in dealing with dirty fucking whores that thrive off the inequities in the child services/divorce custody system. Hopefully they'll get what they have coming.

http://www.addictinggames.com/grammarninja.html

:p

Guest Removed

I feel that, Ive been paying out the ass for sure. for 2 kids. let alone what health insurance costs me a week .(of course they dont even use it)

But Jenn's insurance is way cheaper and has saved us a ton.

But im just sitting here waiting too leave for court. I fill you guys in on what happens.

Get clipped.

Best $100 co-pay you'll ever spend...

It was my birthday present to myself a few years ago. Never been happier.

:)

I've thought about it. In the long run it would be cheaper than buying boxes of condom's every other week. I'd like a kid someday though. Just not for the next few years.

I've thought about it. In the long run it would be cheaper than buying boxes of condom's every other week. I'd like a kid someday though. Just not for the next few years.

They can still go in an extract it for you :) Just eliminates the possibility of the biggest life changing event sneaking up on you by "accident"