wedding reception questions

smokin5s

my fiance and I were looking at different reception options today and were woundering what really is the best route as far as DJ's, Caterer's, reception halls etc....

does anyone know any good DJ's that are reasonably priced? what about Photographers? what about receptions halls? We'd like to keep the reception in the Polaris, Worthington, Deleware area... any ideas?

the wedding is scheduled for next June, so a reception in June a week or so after we get back.

any thoughts would be appriciated... we don't want to break the bank on this whole deal.

Thanks!

I just got married this past saturday 7/7/7 (did not plan it that way)

Only advice i have is book a DJ early i waited to long and ended up with a not very exciting dj. Everything was still a blast but he was boring and really didnt get anyone excited about anything that went on.

I just got married this past saturday 7/7/7 (did not plan it that way)

Only advice i have is book a DJ early i waited to long and ended up with a not very exciting dj. Everything was still a blast but he was boring and really didnt get anyone excited about anything that went on.

where did you get married and have your reception?

I thought about the columbus country club... my buddy is the golf pro there.

Guest Removed
our reception was at berwick manor. off wincester pike. it was like 2200 or so for the evening. they starting setting stuff up around noon. they did all the food and all. but the a/c stop working that night and it was hot as hell cause the main hall is back by the kitchen. i got half my money back, but i guess you'll have shit like that happen.

We used Cheers Chalet in Lancaster. Beautiful location, but their website sucks.

I honestly couldnt tell you who we used as a DJ, and our caterers were part of Cheers.

Banks Photography is who we used for photographer, and i was completely happy with them.

"breaking the bank" is not a correct phrase when talking weddings. You need to put a number to it, and STICK to it. its very easy to over spend.

i am a dj... and like what was said above you need to book early... at least a year in advance. if you have any other dj style questions let me know.

our dj was $400 or so for the night.

sounds about average.

Guest Removed
i am a dj... and like what was said above you need to book early... at least a year in advance. if you have any other dj style questions let me know.

sounds about average.

well , we did everything in 2 weeks. planning and all. most everyone else was bissy, and higher priced.