Belt for engine accessory

Tractor

I've been doing some upgrading on my offroad trucks charging system. I replaced my stock GM 70 alt with one of the 140amp newer style GM alternators. I need to run a 2nd belt from the main alternator down to a 2nd alternator that I modded to run as a 110volt generator/welder. I don't really want to go to all the trouble to design and build a belt tensioner and all that and the weldernator doesn't need to spin unless I'm using it so I'd have a quick and simple method of putting a belt on it. I'm thinking if I could get a supply of heavy duty rubberbands I could just pop one on when needed. Other thoughts are a chain with a quick disconnect for one of the gears for removal.

The main alternator is powered by a v-belt running from the crank pulley, around the water pump and alternator. A bigger belt wouldn't allow for enough tension on the big alternator or I'd just do that and leave it like I had it. I'm probably going to run the 2nd alt off a double pulley on the main alt (to make what I"m planning more clear.)

Any ideas or places I could get something neat like that? I think I've even seen some type of emergency belts for cars at some point.

Evan

I'd do the arm thing, but its not really an option. Besides the last thing I want to do on a trail ride is mess around in the engine bay any more than I have to. Its always covered in mud and dangerously slippery.

I wonder if I could change everything over to the serpentine belt design in some ghetto way? I've seen kits, but this truck ain't something I spend money on. Its more fun to rig stuff up to work cheaply and poke fun at the guys who spend money and still have there shit break.

Evan