Newegg 2GB Micro SD $21 +shipping

mrs.cos

Anyone know if this would work in my Motorola Q? Checking the phone against what the website says, phone says "mini SD" but i dont have the phone's manual on me.

EDIT: nevermind, looks like it will work. I guess I'll find out in a few days.

Anyone know if this would work in my Motorola Q? Checking the phone against what the website says, phone says "mini SD" but i dont have the phone's manual on me.

EDIT: nevermind, looks like it will work. I guess I'll find out in a few days.

does your q have on in it right now? if it does pop it out and look at it. it will say micro sd if it is one. The picture on newegg shows the difference. :)

does your q have on in it right now? if it does pop it out and look at it. it will say micro sd if it is one. The picture on newegg shows the difference. :)

Yeah after I made that post I looked at verizon's website and found a pic/description of the one they sell (for $50 mind you). They look identical and there was nothing in the description that would say otherwise. When I get it in the mail I'll see if it really works or not. If it doesnt it only cost me 25.00, i'll just sell it.

Short answer, NO. The Motorola Q uses Mini SD, which is different from Micro SD. Mini is about twice the size of Micro. You can however use a Micro -> Mini Adaptor and it will work fine. This particular product doesn't include that adaptor. It comes with a Micro -> SD adaptor so you can put it in a card reader or use it in cameras, etc.

You need this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208082

Or this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220222