wtb fd rx7

Yasser-Hanbali

You have had 2 of the most known and knowledgeable RX7 guys post in your thread. Me, I probably know the growing pains of owning and maintain an FD better than most in the last 2 years. What I'm going to say will lean toward what they have said.

In my OPINION from my EXPERIENCE, do not put a cap on your purchase with and FD. I'm not saying spend $30k. $5k to $10k, gets you are car that needs $5k to $10k for you to be happy. The pain and headache of doing a build on a rotary make most people sell before the project is done and end up losing time and $$$$$$. If I was doing it again, I would spend no less than $15,000 and buy a car that has most of what I want for a set up. Turbo swapping is easy. It's the rest of the car that will kick your ass. Even is you stick to stock twins, there is a level of frustration to the build.

If you are going to stay bone stock, you are still spending $1500 to $2k on reliability mods and work being done. These are the MUSTS. If you don't do these, you are driving on borrowed time.

So you have some money to put on buying a car, that's good. I would save up some more and get a car that is not going to be a headache. There are great deals on WELL built FD's out there. Tony's attention to detail and knowledge given to his car is a great deal. And I hope no one takes it. Sorry Tony. I don't want to see him get rid of the car is all. Join some of the RX 7 forums and check and follow the listings there. Follow auto trader. I looked for 8 months, plus had a friend that knew of a car for me, before I bought mine. You will not see that many FD's on here. Let alone, for sale.

At 16, you'll have your hands full with this. Good luck

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand 100% what your saying but ive been looking into buying a fd since i was 6 when i first saw one and then i started reading about them and picking up books and what not to learn about them i buy every magazine that has anything to do wiht a fd in it and im a member on the rx7club.com same user name also i live really close to the rx7 store so i go learn new things about the great power of rotary when ever i can i love these cars and even if one started acting funny on me i would never sell it because i know some day it will be worth every cent put into it. another thing is i plan to be driving this thing untill i die of old age no joke ill be the only 80year old driving a loud ass import arond the retirement home and ill do all the work my self when i learn

I have to say I like the dedication. When I bought mine, I said it was the beginning of me collecting cars.

I think for the most part, you will not have much luck on here, unless you are buying from some one on here. And everyone who owns an FD on here, is on RX7club. I would continue to search the areas I mentioned before and take your time. Fall and Winter aren't far off and you will see people who are done with the rotary, fall off after having it through the good weather months. That's when the deals will be out. Again, good luck.

I would like to know how you plan on getting this car to be a street legal vehicle. Or get it in if it's not already here.

just to let you know any car is allownd in franklin county and can have a title made for it also it already has an ohio title

The trade fell through, so the 7 is up for sale. $9,650 takes mine. Not a dime lower. Let me know. I can even meet you today if you'd like.

Man, if only I was spontaneous/partially insane. Nice car, double nice price!

Man, if only I was spontaneous/partially insane. Nice car, double nice price!

I don't know if that is an insult or a compliment :p

Heelside, not to be a dick (if that comment was aimed at me) but http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36526

We can meet half way. If you are seriously interested in buying it on Sunday then I will come to your house, but if you are only going for a test drive/tire kicking I'd prefer to meet! Let me know what you wanna do!

-John

just to let you know any car is allownd in franklin county and can have a title made for it also it already has an ohio title

No, emissions, importing. If you're getting an R33...well good luck. I hear getting it through the EPA and DOT is one hell of a trick without a 'registered' importer.

Fitz, Heelside was talking about RX7RCER.

Good luck with importing one and getting it title for the street. Motorex is no more, and I also don't believe the Fed is allowing any R34s to be legalized, crash tests or not.

DOES ANY FIND THE FOLLOWING STRANGE?

Before my earlier question, and you changed your profile, you listed yourself as 16 years old. If true, I would find it incredibly difficult to believe that ANY car dealership would let you test drive a car like this.

Are you a poser?