Listen up Grease Monkeys!!!! Jeep Wrangler

fooswinger

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking to have my 88 jeep wrangler 4.2 6cyl either rebuilt or replaced?

What's the cost difference in replacing or rebuilding?

Would it be worth my while to have it converted over to the 4.0 6cyl fuel injected rather than carb?

Never paid to have an engine replaced or rebuilt so it's all new territory. Plus I've always wanted a jeep wrangler and I just snagged a hell of a deal so kinda of a project car as well, so it's worth the investment.

Recommendations for a good quality mechanic to do the work?

Thanks fellas

Guest Removed

CALL 488-9951 for pricing.(first link in my sig)for more details on the shop.

its hard too price rebuilding the motor without having it out and apart too see what all is hurt. and rebuilding it isnt going too come with any or little warranty's.

We sell New jasper engines and they come with a 3 year/75,000 mile national warranty.

plus, there's other drivetrains you could swap into it aswell. like say a 350 chevy! but that type of stuff would be up too you. we can do what ever your budget will allow.

the 4.2 to 4.0 is the most direct swap the easiest way is to find a low mileage wreck in another jeep so you can get the harness and pcm depending on what year you get the motor from you can get dis (coil on plug) or distributor ignition you could rebuild your 4.2 , but by the time your done you have as much opr more in it than you do with a replacment or even a swap

256-4040 ask for derek or dave

Thanks