Anyone ever use Bathtub Fitters?

Stampede

bathfitters does good work, but they are VERY expensive. They will give you a free quote if you want.

VERY expensive is an under statement!!

I had them come out and look at our 1 regular tube/shower and our master bath standing shower(small like 4'X4') and it was over $10,000 for both (and that was with minimal add-ons like soap dish and handles, etc), and it's not like they are remodeling the whole bathroom or replacing bath/shower fixtures.

The sales guy did everything he could to make us buy from: scare tactics about lead leaching thru our bathtub and giving our daughter lead poisoning to the tiles caving in to black mold growing behind the walls, blah blah blah. Finally after 2 hours we had to ask him to leave.

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

$10k !! WTF....sounds like the Owens Corning Guy when they came to give an estimate on finishing our basement....Way over priced BS. He wouldn't get to the price until he did his thing.

I told him that was tip that he'd likely be leaving on impolite grounds. When he was done and told me $28k I asked my wife to bring the check book over, I watched as he sat up in bewilderment. I then proceeded to write on the back of the reorder slip inside and IOU for him that I want the last hour of my life back and to have him deliver it to his boss.

It's too bad, the whole bath fitter things sounds like a decent idea. Companies don't understand that sometimes all we need is a middle ground, not full tilt extortion here. $10k for that wouldn't ever be recouped.

VERY expensive is an under statement!!

I had them come out and look at our 1 regular tube/shower and our master bath standing shower(small like 4'X4') and it was over $10,000 for both (and that was with minimal add-ons like soap dish and handles, etc), and it's not like they are remodeling the whole bathroom or replacing bath/shower fixtures.

The sales guy did everything he could to make us buy from: scare tactics about lead leaching thru our bathtub and giving our daughter lead poisoning to the tiles caving in to black mold growing behind the walls, blah blah blah. Finally after 2 hours we had to ask him to leave.

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

there's another one....I can't think of it right now, but I've seen them advertised on NBC on weekend mornings. google? If I remember I'll post back.

Is there any other companys that offer cover/liner for bathtubs?

Thanks.

I did my own myself.I pulled the old cast iron out and replaced it with a plastic/fiberglass one and installed a 3 piece wall liner.Do what you can yourself and find a local handyman to do the rest.I have never been satisfied with the quality of others work.