Kicked out of National Trails

DOZZER

I am in agreement- NTR blows... I was there friday-

From 6-9:30 and again I got one pass- every other pass some POS broke down.

Every time I go to that damn place I am disapointed.

Where is dragway 42- is that 1/4 mile?

Did anyone see my wife and I? Burgundy notch with lopey cam, dumped exhaust, full slicks.

Laters,

Andrew

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
you don't even have to be certified until 9.99 or 135.

you still have too cert a 8 point, minimum is like a 5 point. read the rule book.

granted it doesnt have too be certed, but it helps. if its not, then they can tell you ,you can only go 11.50 till you get it certed. trust me. Ive been there.

you still have too cert a 8 point, minimum is like a 5 point. read the rule book.

granted it doesnt have too be certed, but it helps. if its not, then they can tell you ,you can only go 11.50 till you get it certed. trust me. Ive been there.

i just went back through my 2007 nhra rule book and i can't find that anywhere. the only things i can find is if your over 135mph or 9.99 you must have a compitition license and your chassis must be certified. i can't find anything that says if you have an 8 or 10 point cage in your car it must be certified. i am curious about this now could you tell me what section in the general regulations section of the rule book that rule is in?

thanks in advance, andy

Guest Removed

im thinking 4:10 section 16- general regulations. but i'll have too go back and check. the cert tags for 10.00 dont look like the others, its just makes it easyer too go thru tech.

a few years back we had a bracket car out at trails, they told me not too come back till the cage was certed.(cause it ran 10.00 -10.20 in bracket) it was the minimum deal, main hoop,crossbar, support bars(for the hoop) the 2 rear down bars, and a drivers door bar.and with stock floor pans , it was good too 10.00. i think in even 4:11, it says nothing about roll cages being certed. but we all know they have too be, or your not running. and remember the rule book is a guide line, when in dought ..call your local tech inspector. for the faster stuff, SFI sell's books. they may have others for the slower stuff, but its not on this website.http://sfifoundation.com/

and if im wrong on the section numbers, it's cause they where the same for years and havent changed any.they just changed the MPH rules last year or so, they dropped it from 150 MPH too 135. yes at 9.99 you need a competition license. NO where in the rule book does it say after so many years, that chromoly tubing(cage or chassis) will not recert(im thinking 10 years)any more questions , feel free too ask. I dont have my 07 rulebook handy. But i'll double check section numbers in the morning, and correct this post if needed in the afternoon.

It's in the NHRA Rulebook.

I just went through my entire Sport Compact 2007 rulebook and it is mentioned nowhere about anything being different than 150mph. It also isn't listed in any of the 2007 updates either. So again, perhaps it is in the main book (which I only have a 2006 version) but it isn't in my current Sport Compact. That can also be seen online at: http://www.nhrasportcompact.com/2007/rules/GenRegs2007.pdf

I've been to NHRA sanctioned sport compact races as well as NOPI races at NHRA tracks. There were multiple sportsman cars running in the 140s with no chutes so I'm not sure what to say?

Guest Removed
i remember at the beginning of the year, they said they was changing that rule too 135. im not sure if they have or not. but either way, i still have too mount one.

sport compact rule book only applies to there races not nhra regular event at edgewater or trails or any of those

That would be pretty stupid if true. You are supposed to build a car to the performance and safety standards set for that class. Whether you are running that classed car at a "sport compact event" vs a test and tune should be irrelevent if it is an NHRA track.

So how is a sport compact supposed to do any testing at an NHRA track? There should be one set of rules that applies to each car as to how it fits into it's individual class. The whole idea of "general" rules superceeding class rules is really ridculous.

argue with me on this point my father in law is the only nhra certfied tech guy at trails so to get technical your car would passed based on the sport compact rulebook but on a normal test and tune the tech people are not going to switch rule books for every car that comes through there

argue with me on this point my father in law is the only nhra certfied tech guy at trails so to get technical your car would passed based on the sport compact rulebook but on a normal test and tune the tech people are not going to switch rule books for every car that comes through there

I understand your point completely but it still isn't really good enough for me. My response would be that they should get more than 1 person who can know 2 rulebooks vs 1.

The class rules are obviously structured for the sport compacts differently because they are a different car than a 72 Nova. So if I'm Trapping 145mph with no chute on and my NHRA rulebook says my type of cardoesn't need one til 150mph then I"m going to raise holy hell if an official tries to kick me out.

However, I do realize that NHRA or not, the indiviual tracks can make their own rules and enforce them however they want. It is just an illustration of why NTR has become what it is and many of us will drive 2 hours out of town to race instead.

it really veries on the people working also he don't work friday nights but i've been out there and seen cars that i swear when they left the line they lightened up 10 lbs from the rust falling off the frame and peices of the floor board ntr has totally gone down hill even worse since they moved the nationals to norwalk but it's close and the track itself isn't bad.

the friday night are alittle outta hand with the way they are run and the car count they get we take the bikes and get 7 or 8 passes while you car guys only get 2 maybe 3 totally unfair and needs something done about it, yeah the the track prep also horrible on friday nights after about three passes on the bike i told my wife to pack it up blowin the tire of 2 the 330 is alittle uncalled for when they can take about 3 mins and spray the track

I first started going to trail's back in '99 and as much as I can remember the bikes have always gotten more passes. It doesn't help that on test and tune night's the track is usually shut down half the night because of all the people bringing thier junker's out there.

Although I will say it was awesome to see the snowmobiles tearing shit up out there, I didn't mind that so much.

Guest rushman

Rules are rules... Equally applied to all of us without pre-justice. &, The NHRA rulebook was written with blood. AND, as the rulebook states, the 'race director' has at his disrestion to make his own rules, as he sees fit to protect the NHRA... ;) This may be the 'good ole' boy' system of protection or what ever, it is for "our" safety!!! Personally, it is real easy to comply, and equally easy to squeek by as well. My advise is, if you have a fast car, be- properly protected.

Anyone who wishes to challenge me, please visit your local hospital burn unit. And, then question the rules, or me... Until then, I am very truly yours... :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kissmyaspen
OK once again why was u tossed???? very confused here.. and you dont have to be certified till 9.99 or 135 and then you have to get you lic. That means you have to make 6 passes.. one 60' one 330' one 660' and one 1000' the you have to either be 9.99 or 135 to get your lic on the next 2 passes. oh yeah when you do this the car must be certified. and you have top pay 100 bucks or so to get your cool little sticker that says your car passed. Also when you go that fast you need a 5 layer jacket 5 layer pants a helmet gloves and a neck colar. and if you run slower than 9.99 all you need is a helmet and a jacket one layer if you run faster than 11.49 and u must have at least a 6 point roll bar and you need a drive shaft loop for slick or Dot running faster that 11.49. so which one didnt you have because if your running 10.7 all u need is helmet and jacket. :wtf: