2 Day Autox at OSU Aug. 4-5

Dr. Apex

There is a 2 day all weekend autox at OSU next weekend on the 4-5th. Saturday is a normal event, sunday is the Governers Cup runoff that goes into an elimination. You only get 3 runs sunday and the runoff is only for SCCA members, so saturday would be the better day to go.

If you want to attend you MUST register by this saturday and online. They're showing it as no on-site registration. I only see it as being able to register on both days but I know you can get setup to only run saturday if you want.

Let me know if you have any questions or have any problems and I'll get in touch with SCCA to figure things out.

I will be there both days and hope to make a good showing in the runoff though I know I have no chance to win it. I hope to make it to the 3rd round or so which I've been placing high enough lately to do so.

The registration issue has been fixed, you can now register for just saturday if you want.

I heard a rumor on the grapevine that the Duster has a new upgrade planned to be on for the Governers cup!! Ed, best way to catch him is seat time(or flatten a tire)!! :D

Alright so I have never been to an autocross event but would like to start hanging around to get a feel for it. Do a lot of people show up just to spectate?

If so I wouldn't mind swinging out for a couple hours on either of those day's just to check it out.

Alright so I have never been to an autocross event but would like to start hanging around to get a feel for it. Do a lot of people show up just to spectate?

If so I wouldn't mind swinging out for a couple hours on either of those day's just to check it out.

Plenty of people come to watch and not everyone is working or racing all at once, so come on out.

I go and spectate often, even though neither of my cars are worthy of the entrance fee. Im going next weekend to break in my new camera. Stop by and say hi :)

Correction posted under wrong user name. Craig races, I sit in the pits and take pics.

Hey all, I'm in Maine right now and am about to sign up for one of the days (can't take up the whole weekend)

Could someone explain to me the layout of the Sunday event? Which day should I get more seat time?

Chief, I'll settle for 2nd place.

Stay tuned though. I found a $500 Miata up here in Maine--solid running condition. Original owner. Paint is a mess. The car's a steal though. I've test driven worse Miatas in Ohio for $2-3000 Just have to get this one home!

Hey all, I'm in Maine right now and am about to sign up for one of the days (can't take up the whole weekend)

Could someone explain to me the layout of the Sunday event? Which day should I get more seat time?

Chief, I'll settle for 2nd place.

Stay tuned though. I found a $500 Miata up here in Maine--solid running condition. Original owner. Paint is a mess. The car's a steal though. I've test driven worse Miatas in Ohio for $2-3000 Just have to get this one home!

Saturday is the day to go, sunday you will get only 3 runs before they go into the elimination which takes only the top 64 places in PAX. Saturday you will get more seat time for sure unless you are in the top 20 or so of PAX.

Miata's are fun cars that even after 17 years are still very competitive in every motorsport they are put in. You have a lot of places to run the car from CS to CSP, SM2, not sure what Prepared class they run but theres always competition anywhere and a ton of aftermarket for them.

It for sure would be a more fun car that the Saab!! ;)

Oh no! Not the ban!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/hot_wire/DSC00990.jpg

Sorry about quality, it is a scan of a film picture taken with a disposable...

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to driving/racing the car. Brent H is in my class, and I got set on Miatas when I drove his. Fun, easy driving car.

PS. A cookie to those who noticed the hardtop. When I sell that part (around $800 on ebay), the car will pay for itself.