Newsgroup howto NO56K (Roadrunner is free)

thorne

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread! Anyone familiar with Insight? I am able to connect to the RR news server, but I usually get around 200kb/sec if I am lucky.

The InsightBB new server is netnews.insightbb.com

, but I think I am supposed to still use the rr one.

I am on insight. I use the RR one not the insight one. I do not get a good speed from RR's servers anymore. I think this thread is why they are capping speeds.

For the longest I have paid for a server elsewhere. With 5 connections going I get 1050KB/s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest mrhobbz
The wow server appear to have a 5gig limit. I was working with hoblick last night on it. But you could call and ask. If not GIGA NEWS or EASYNEWS or HIGHWINDS are all great news providers you acn buy an account from.

Timewarner has unlimited newsgroups.

WOW's newsgroups = giga news as far as i've been informed.

I have a paid account to http://v3.newzbin.com/

You can search that for free but you can not download the nzb files. While newsleech is down you can PM me a link of nzbs you want. I can send them to you by e-mail if you send me your address.

OR

You can just buy an account to the webpage. It is so much better then any others I have used. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone happen to know the DSL server? can you use the rr server without having rr?

im confused

You can only use RR server if you have RR. Call your internet company to find out if they have newsgroup servers/