Clash of the Titans- CANCELED

coltboostin

Viper Joe aka- ponyfreak "burned up an ignition" trying to turn the wick up so he can have a chance against the Top End Supra. he does not think he will be able to fix it in time for the race, and the Supra will again be off to a new home soon.

The "fastest" race that never happened.

Discuss.

DK

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what Joe told me yesterday:

"My ignition wire harness melted in half this weekend rendering the car inoperable. This occured after the dyno tech took the harness loose to gain access to the coil trigger wire because they could not get a clean signal on the plug wires. Needless to say he did not secure the harness when he took the tach pickup off."

Not sure why he couldn't get it fixed over a 10 day period, but that's his decision.

I have had a deposit on the Supra for a few weeks now and the new owner was cool enough to wait until after I ran Joe to pick it up...in fact he was bringing his stacker to Columbus that night to watch the run then load it up and take it home. I am now meeting him tomorrow am as he really wants it. He does not live in Ohio, but plans on traveling with it on occasion as he also runs an outlaw pro mod team. I'm REALLY glad this particular guy is buying it, as he has some cool plans for it, so stayed tuned :)

This is what Joe told me yesterday:

"My ignition wire harness melted in half this weekend rendering the car inoperable. This occured after the dyno tech took the harness loose to gain access to the coil trigger wire because they could not get a clean signal on the plug wires. Needless to say he did not secure the harness when he took the tach pickup off."

http://www.painlessperformance.com/

Key to problem.

Viper Joe aka- ponyfreak "burned up an ignition" trying to turn the wick up so he can have a chance against the Top End Supra. he does not think he will be able to fix it in time for the race, and the Supra will again be off to a new home soon.

The biggest race that never happened.

Discuss.

DK

Biggest race that never happened.... there was 10x more hype around the following races. fastest maybe but biggest no.

You VS Tilley

You VS IPS

Biggest race that never happened.... there was 10x more hype around the following races. fastest maybe but biggest no.

You VS Tilley

You VS IPS

I agree. Post #1 edited

So-did anyone here really expect Joe to show? There is no question in my mind-he could have, or could have paid someone-to get the car up and ready in 10 days.

Just an excuse?

Was there a larger issue we don't know about?

Shit the bed?

You decide.

DK