Reliable home improvement contractors in Columbus

justin0469

So Dec 4 I will be closing on a house. It needs alot of cosmetic work (paint, flooring, cleaning) and some minor repairs (drywall, plumbing and some exterior wood trim repair/treatment). It was a foreclosure. Can anyone recommend anyone that can do some of this work that is reliable and trustworthy in the Columbus (Reynoldsburg/Pickerington)?

Congrats on the new house. It will be the biggest pain in the ass in your life, unless you are married.

Send a PM to cmoosego. He will hook you up. I know a good flooring guy, a good drywall guy and an excellent exterior guy, all in Canal Winchester. PM me if interested.

So Dec 4 I will be closing on a house. It needs alot of cosmetic work (paint, flooring, cleaning) and some minor repairs (drywall, plumbing and some exterior wood trim repair/treatment). It was a foreclosure. Can anyone recommend anyone that can do some of this work that is reliable and trustworthy in the Columbus (Reynoldsburg/Pickerington)?

I just had someone fix my chimney that broke in half during a storm last week. he converted it into a direct vent. Took half the time and half the price from all the other estimates I had. He was wonderful and honest. I would use him again in a heartbeat. And for any of you who knows me personally....you all know how hard it is to please me!

Jeff Waters 740-404-2354. He lives in Newark but I live in Reynoldsburg/Pataskala.

Ever consider tackling the job yourself? I had the opportunity to do a lot of that work on my parents rental house and learned a ton.

You'll save in labor, but you'll probably lose time (since it'll take you longer than a pro) and it might possibly cost you more in materials (if you f-up and have to redo things), but most of the stuff you mentioned, paint, plumbing, drywall, flooring, cleaning - can all be done by you if you're willing to put in the elbow grease. And if you're doing the work, the only person you can blame if you aren't satisfied is yourself.

No, I won't be living there while I'm working on it. Don't plan to move into it until April. Yeah, I'm not married.

I do have pics, I'll try to upload them in the next few days. It's kinda gross, the people that lived there obviously didn't ever clean and junked it up pretty good.

But, all in all, its a good deal. 3 car attached garage, over 2300 sq ft, finished basement, 4 bedroom 2.5 bath, nice neighborhood - $129,900 (appraised at $180k) w/ $5k in escrow towards fixing stuff and the rest of the repairs/fixups with be on my own.

Monday I'll have accurate sq footage of flooring materials needed. Plumbing and drywall/texturing someone would have to come look at.

I'm definately going to do alot of work myself. Cleaning, ripping up current flooring, light fixtures, caulking/sealing, cutting out drywall for repairs are amoung the things I plan on doing myself. Some of it, I'd rather other people do so it's done right.

Built in 1991. Roof has maybe 5 years left.

I'm definately going to do alot of work myself. Cleaning, ripping up current flooring, light fixtures, caulking/sealing, cutting out drywall for repairs are amoung the things I plan on doing myself. Some of it, I'd rather other people do so it's done right.

Built in 1991. Roof has maybe 5 years left.

Justin I have done TONS of work to my house myself. It's only 8 years old but I've done over 10K of upgrades in the last year. I laid 1100 sq feet of bamboo floors last december...sponge painting, back splash. All I did was read. Everyone that comes over are very impressed.

Where in reynoldsburg are you moving? I live in summit ridge/taylor woods subdivision.

Looks like you found a good buy. Enjoy fixing that house up, I can't wait to find one that I feel like I can handle. I don't want to bite off more than I can handle but it seems like everything I am looking at needs major work....

Don't be afraid of the fixer uppers. I've done tons of work to my house and I dont' have good guy to help me. ;) You'll b fine. Good luck!

^ Moose and Jagr are good guys.

I am??? damn don't let that get around!!! Hey justin, just give me a jingle when ya wanna get together, I can give you easy solutions to most problems and walk you through just about any home improvement.... and If you want I can give you a good estimate on the labor involved and material costs.... anything I can do to help just ask....

Looks like you found a good buy. Enjoy fixing that house up, I can't wait to find one that I feel like I can handle. I don't want to bite off more than I can handle but it seems like everything I am looking at needs major work....

all depends on what you consider "major", to me it might be not too hard... plus I could probably teach you how to do almost anything when it comes to construction... plus if I don't know how to do it, I've been in the field long enough to know who to ask....:D

all depends on what you consider "major", to me it might be not too hard... plus I could probably teach you how to do almost anything when it comes to construction... plus if I don't know how to do it, I've been in the field long enough to know who to ask....:D

Ok! Right now I'm just trying to find the right home for me at the right price. I try to keep reminding myself that I am looking at the 'shell' and that other stuff can be changed eventually. I'll keep in touch