nice restaurants for anniversary

smokin5s

ok, so I decided that we're going all out this year for our anniversary. She picked up a really nice suite and I am renting a limo for us... the only thing left to decide is where to go eat.

Does anyone have any ideas on good restaurants to take her to? I would prefer one that has a band and a dance floor on it in case the mood strikes us.

Thanks!

not many places I can remember in cbus that have a dance floor and are still good to eat. my favorite place to eat is Spaggio, but I work for Brio/Bravo so I guess I should plug that. Also, La Scala is where I took my ex for a 2 year anniversary, and Barcelona was for our 3 year. I'd recommend Barcelona because they're well known for their delicious desserts, and the way womenfolk react to chocolate you'll be putting that suite to good use faster than you can say "we'll take the check," take my word for it.

its going to be hard to find a place with a dance floor.

some good restaurantes include: mitchell's steakhouse downtown, hyde park, ruth's criss, morton's, refectory on bethel, rosendales downtown, hanke's (spelling??), cameron's on 161, j alexanders, j gilberts,

oh, and i almost forgot-------------bob evans------------------------------------j/k

one of the surgeons at children's hospital (who is half owner of city BBQ) is good friends with, and swears by hanke's (spelling?). apparently, this guy is a 'master chef' or something like that, and i guess he's the only one in columbus.

I just did the whole anniversery thing this past weekend, We ended up going to mortons. expensive as hell, but the food wasn't bad. good atmosphere too. Where are you guys getting a suite? we stayed at the doubletree on front, i gotta say i was very impressed with the service and the quality of the suite. great view, comfy as hell as well. they have an anniversery package deal, but all it really is good for is a shit bottle of bubbly for free.... lol.

You may run into me uhhh ohes! :eek: I'd rock it down @ Easton, do Smith and Wolensky's. Pretty nice and not to mention you can bar hop a lil bit and get trashed.

not a bad idea. just don't stare too long at the hookers that have been rumored to frequent that particular S&W

M is excellent. It's a Mtichel's resteraunt too. Food is a bit pricey but it's amazing! I'd vote that over anything that's been listed so far. Plan on spending about $200 with a drink a piece (depending on what you get... Eric got the surf and turf and it was almost $100)

we're staying at the Hilton off of Polaris.

what kind of price is the package?

Hilton off Polaris?

is this a Hilton i don't know about?...could be, the only one i know of is currently under construction.

as for food...you have some of the best known restaurants in the near area...Ruth's Chris, Hyde Park, Columbus Fish Market..etc....actually there is a smaller place in the office building on the corner near Bob Evans...it has a sign that is J something...woodfired, bla, bla, bla....can't remember at the moment...but OMG it always smells sooooooo good.

might wanna check out a smaller, more romantic place like that.

edit.

for a somewhat romantic spot, if you aren't looking to get all hoity-toity...the Claddaugh on Polaris has an excellent patio area...tiki torches...and stone-walled fire pits overlooking a pond at Chase...about as romantic as you can get for outside at Polaris.

Hilton off Polaris?

is this a Hilton i don't know about?...could be, the only one i know of is currently under construction.

as for food...you have some of the best known restaurants in the near area...Ruth's Chris, Hyde Park, Columbus Fish Market..etc....actually there is a smaller place in the office building on the corner near Bob Evans...it has a sign that is J something...woodfired, bla, bla, bla....can't remember at the moment...but OMG it always smells sooooooo good.

might wanna check out a smaller, more romantic place like that.

edit.

for a somewhat romantic spot, if you aren't looking to get all hoity-toity...the Claddaugh on Polaris has an excellent patio area...tiki torches...and stone-walled fire pits overlooking a pond at Chase...about as romantic as you can get for outside at Polaris.

Does the Polaris Grill have outdoors? I havent eaten there forever but I remember it being pretty damn good

it's the Hilton Garden in.

I'm thinking about either M or maybe Ruth's Chris.... we're going to get all dressed up, so I don't want to go to a restaurant where there's going to be kids or people there in jeans... kind of ruins the ambiance for us.