Coming to Cleveland!!

Dr. Apex

My roommate and I will be in the cleveland area in "Northfield Park"(southern suburb I guess) this sunday for a regional challenge autocross in their parking lot.

Thought maybe there was someone from up there that maybe autocrosses as well and would be interested in participating or come out and meet a few people at least. I've met JP once for a sec and didn't know who was who from there when you guys came down here.

Looks like my class will be small(BSP class) but there's an STi and some kind of Triumph registered so I could have some good competition up there and I'm hoping for more.

Either way if your in the area come up and say hi, we'll be in the Silver S2000 pictured in my sig #79/#33 BSP.

Northfield Park (IIRC) is a horsetrack. Across the street was once one of the Top 10 malls in America. Now, it's gang territory. The parking lot is ridiculously huge, though...they should just do autoX laps around the mall.

Cleveland was awesome through the '80s...it's just come down so far since then. :(

all i have to say your lucky there is not a duster running bsp with a broken panhard bar ......you might get owned....p.s. tell ray his 62 in has nothing on my 27tv

;)

Thank Rusty, Im gonna do my best to represent our region and Columbus.

Heh....we'll see!! Don't bug ray, he gets distracted enough as it is and that's the only thing holding him back. HPDE is a perfect example of it as when he does that he's under no pressure to beat anyone else, only himself. Thus he seems to be doing quite good at it. Once he relaxes at autocross and doesnt worry about beating other people he'll get a lot faster.

I assume your not coming to this event up there with the panhard bar??

Northfield Park (IIRC) is a horsetrack. Across the street was once one of the Top 10 malls in America. Now, it's gang territory. The parking lot is ridiculously huge, though...they should just do autoX laps around the mall.

Cleveland was awesome through the '80s...it's just come down so far since then. :(

Thistledown is across from Randall Park Mall. Northfield Park is in Northfield. Both are on RT8 but they are miles apart. Two entirely different horse tracks. LOL

Northfield is about as safe as it gets.

I'll be there too, running for NORA. The Northfield lot is absolutely gigantic compared to what we've been able to run lately in Northeast Ohio. Last I hear we're coming close to 150 drivers for this event, so there should be some good competition. I'll be in the Red 91 Miata, #17 E-Stock if you want to come say hi.

Oh and if you see this before tomorrow, I would strongly advise watching your speed limit very closely once you get off the highway. Route 8 (the road that Northfield is on) is always being watched by a bunch of anal cops, and they will enforce the 25 mph speed where it applies. So just be careful, getting a speeding ticket before the event has even started is a horrible way to start the day.

Thanks Brian, though I didn't see this in time!!

I'll tell you what, you cleveland boys like to talk smack....lol!! I can see where JP and company get it from. It's all in good fun and they seem to have a lot of it so it's fine.

Now for the results though not all official yet:

4th place: Northwest Ohio Region

3rd place: NORA (Cleveland) :thumbdown

2nd place: OVR (Columbus)

1st place: Steel Cities Region (Pittsburgh)

All the regions were only seperated by only a combined time of a couple seconds and Steel Cities edged out OVR by a combined time of less than .75 secs!!!!

Damn good fun today and I look forward to running in Cleveland again!!

Video of my best from today:

Yea, I think we were like 2 cars over from you guys in grid, but I was so busy trying to keep tires/radiator cool that I barely had time to come over and introduce myself. All of that water spraying didn't really help me at all though, best time was a 49.206 IIRC. Not real good compared to the rest of the class. Congrats on coming in 2nd in the club challenge though, I couldn't believe how close the combined times were.

BTW, how'd you like the off-camber turn at the top of the hill near the security guard shack? Reminded me of a mini-version of Thunder Alley (or is it Valley?) at Mid-Ohio. Fun course overall for anyone with RWD.

Yea, I think we were like 2 cars over from you guys in grid, but I was so busy trying to keep tires/radiator cool that I barely had time to come over and introduce myself. All of that water spraying didn't really help me at all though, best time was a 49.206 IIRC. Not real good compared to the rest of the class. Congrats on coming in 2nd in the club challenge though, I couldn't believe how close the combined times were.

BTW, how'd you like the off-camber turn at the top of the hill near the security guard shack? Reminded me of a mini-version of Thunder Alley (or is it Valley?) at Mid-Ohio. Fun course overall for anyone with RWD.

Yeah, as a 2 driver by half way through our runs our tires were overheated and we both went slower. The off-camber was fine for me as our OSU lot is entirely off-camber turns and the entrance was on-camber.