Denny Dotson and 300zx

Martin

My friend sold his 91 300zx RB25 to denny dotson for 9,000 and now hes trying to turn it around and sell it for 15,000. I agree with some people on this board now that Denny is out for the most money. If anybody thinks this car looks interesting then ill let you guys know the clutch is going to go the second you floor it. that should drop the price close to $2000. Also it doesnt have power steering.

http://www.dennydotson.com/dm/VehicleDetails.php?ID=17621

while i dont agree with the price, remember, no dealership is out there to not make money.

you also gotta figure people are going to haggle on the price, which is going to drop it a bit too. if the dealership doesnt make money, it wouldnt be in business

ive paid asking price for 1 car from a dealership, and that was because they had it priced 5$ (literally) over KBB value AND they threw in a 700$+ maintenance package at no cost

I really don't see how this Denny Dotson dealership/guy is such the bastard that you all make him out to be. He obviously buys up desirable cars that may have been modified. The dealership is not responsible for the "build" of the vehicles, and if sold as-is, then it's buyer beware. Your friend probably sold the car there because he couldn't sell it on the private market, or he needed cash quickly. What would you expect someone who's business is selling cars for profit to turn the car around for? Everyone hating on this place should figure out that it's not the dealerships fault for selling a marketable item that was built by someone of questionable ability. I'm sure there are a fair amount of cars that they've sold that happened to be assembled properly, and have given the new owner some enjoyment.

I really don't see how this Denny Dotson dealership/guy is such the bastard that you all make him out to be. He obviously buys up desirable cars that may have been modified. The dealership is not responsible for the "build" of the vehicles, and if sold as-is, then it's buyer beware. Your friend probably sold the car there because he couldn't sell it on the private market, or he needed cash quickly. What would you expect someone who's business is selling cars for profit to turn the car around for? Everyone hating on this place should figure out that it's not the dealerships fault for selling a marketable item that was built by someone of questionable ability. I'm sure there are a fair amount of cars that they've sold that happened to be assembled properly, and have given the new owner some enjoyment.

well i was like you once but now ive jumped on the bandwagon of disliking him. i think there realy shouldnt be hagling. just see the car and pay the right price. if there are problems with it then the price should go down. my semi-friend i guess(kid i went to school with) sold the car cause he needed to get rid of it before he had to drop more money into building the tranny up. He sold it to denny cause he doesnt know what he is doing. he could of made 11-14g's if he sold it private but he just has other people do his dirty work.

It could be a sleeper if it didnt have a loud ass blow off valve.

well i was like you once but now ive jumped on the bandwagon of disliking him. i think there realy shouldnt be hagling. just see the car and pay the right price. if there are problems with it then the price should go down. my semi-friend i guess(kid i went to school with) sold the car cause he needed to get rid of it before he had to drop more money into building the tranny up. He sold it to denny cause he doesnt know what he is doing. he could of made 11-14g's if he sold it private but he just has other people do his dirty work.

It could be a sleeper if it didnt have a loud ass blow off valve.

If he could've sold it for $11-14k then why is it a problem to you if Denny Dotson is selling for close to that? It's a fucking dealership, the whole idea of a business is to make profit.

and it states they have 12k in receipts for mods

now while you dont make much money off mods, someone who wants a car that will perform well will take that into consideration, that THEY wont have to put 12k into it to get to where that one is

O it is a dealership. i wasnt shure of that. thanks for clarifying.Denny only gave him 9k for it.Its worth more.

Are you kidding? If you're expecting to get private market value at a dealership then you're crazy. It's the same at every dealership. If he thinks he should have gotten more then why the hell did he complete the sale? :thumbdown

well then its his own dumb ass fault.

i mean, its not like its YOUR car, so i dont know why your bitching about it. obviously it was the best offer he could get at the time, and he was happy enough with the offer to go through with it. leave it at that

My .02

Denny is auto dealer, he has to make money to keep in business. That is the bottom line. I find it funny how everyone likes to take home a paycheck, but the expect car dealers to work for free.

When I buy a used car I inspect it. Do a compression test... put it on a rack and look to see if it has been wrecked. If you buy a Moded car EXPECT problems. Just like if you mod a car you WILL have problems.

My advice is not to be on Denny nutz for selling cars. He is just trying to make money, just like you do at work.

I completely agree with v8kilr. Martin...your an idiot. Denny Dotson is doing what all car dealerships do with trade ins...get them for as low as possible and then sell as high as possible...That is called maximizing profit.

thread hijack...

did you get that Kart done?

/hijack

Here is the point that everyone is missing. If you run a business by the "buyer beware" idea you open yourself up to negative publicity. Why not run your business in a way so that people trust you? If you want to base your business on "bad money" then you cant complain when people talk down about your company.

If I ran a dealership I would never let a damaged car leave my lot unless all damaged parts were listed on the paperwork. If making a profit is worth more than their credibility than so be it. Just think about how much business they have already lost by word of mouth through CR. Making a profit is always a major priority... but there are right and wrong ways to do it.

Yet I do agree... this thread is stupid. If he could have sold it for 14k himself Denny isnt doing anything wrong.

No the point is that they are selling performance cars....shit goes wrong. It could be fine one day and fucked the next....

Rick...cart has been completely overhauled...except motor...waiting till this winter when I have more time.

No the point is that they are selling performance cars....shit goes wrong. It could be fine one day and fucked the next....

Rick...cart has been completely overhauled...except motor...waiting till this winter when I have more time.

Performance cars go bad, people drive like idiots, etc. Word of mouth states they cover up known problems and act like nothings wrong. It may only be word of mouth, but thats enough for me never to go there.

everything in life is a negotiation and deal to be made. as you age, you'll see what I mean and you'll begin to deal on everything you do. from your paycheck to the grocery store. you can negotiate with just about anything and anyone.

i think there realy shouldnt be hagling. just see the car and pay the right price.

everything in life is a negotiation and deal to be made. as you age, you'll see what I mean and you'll begin to deal on everything you do. from your paycheck to the grocery store. you can negotiate with just about anything and anyone.

+1.. negotiating is the fun part

Yea because you think your getting a deal. All i was trying to accomplish in this thread is to let people know that this car is for sale. Like V8 Beast said they try to cover things up and I bet they will try to cover the clutch problem since you cant see the problem.

Martin...your an idiot.

Well thank you. Why do you feel the need to call people names over the internet when you have never met me and have no knowledge of my intelligence.

My .02

Denny is auto dealer, he has to make money to keep in business. That is the bottom line. I find it funny how everyone likes to take home a paycheck, but the expect car dealers to work for free.

When I buy a used car I inspect it. Do a compression test... put it on a rack and look to see if it has been wrecked. If you buy a Moded car EXPECT problems. Just like if you mod a car you WILL have problems.

My advice is not to be on Denny nutz for selling cars. He is just trying to make money, just like you do at work.

exactly, all these tards complaining want to buy cars for cheaper than what dealers paid for. Wouldnt you sell your 9k worth car for 15k if you could?