Delta Marine

Clifford Automotive

So last year I took my boat to delta marine with a cracked block. They charged me 800 to "weld" the block. This year out on the water I noticed the boat was taking on water ever so slightly. After inspection I can see its seeping water where the repair was done. Brings us up to current. I take the boat back over to delta. I asked them to inspect there repair. They called me and told me it failed. I asked how it could have failed. They said it broke loose. I went to delta to look at the boat with the service writer. I saw they did not weld it they put epoxy on the crack. I told them I needed some time to see what I wanted to do with it. I went back today to talk to them about the boat. I asked about fixing it and getting me on my way. They told me it would be 625 plus tax. I asked what about taking the boat the way it sits. They said it would be 125. Again I asked to look at the boat with the service writer. We looked at the boat again. Since we know from a previous time the block was not welded I asked how the block was prepped before epoxied. He stated the block was clean grinded then expoy was applied. When we got to the boat I asked him to show me where the block was grinded at. He said well its underneith the epoxy. I said well where the big chunk of epoxy is missing we should see grind marks. There werent any. He told me he didnt want to argue with me about it. I told him neither did I. Basically he tech didnt prep his repair and now I have to pay for it. I asked why he wouldnt back up his repair and he firmly told me that I could take the boat. I went to get my truck and come back for the boat. When I came back the boat was sitting in the parking lot waiting.

After I got the boat back to my shop I dug in to grind out the rest of there repair and actually prep the block the way it was supposed to be. And to top it off they broke a fuel line.

Now I am fixing there mistake for more then one reason.

Do Not Take Your Boat to Delta Marine. I should have done it myself in the first place.