any thoughts/comments on dodge srt-4 neon

Rustlestiltskin

I am glad this came up. I have been wanting to know how much a stock evo and srt-4 can make whp with out going into the motor (exception of cams). I have been getting interested in these two cars lately.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say you get what you want. An old co-worker of mine use to have a camaro and then he sold it and got a srt-4. He got a lot cockier and he is flat broke cause he cant pay for the mods. I agree it is a neon but if its quick and fast then you will have less people saying its a neon cause when it beats them they wont want to say its a neon that beat them. I suggest buy a srt4 shell if you like the look and drop a big ass turbo engine in it. :D

I say you get what you want. An old co-worker of mine use to have a camaro and then he sold it and got a srt-4. He got a lot cockier and he is flat broke cause he cant pay for the mods. I agree it is a neon but if its quick and fast then you will have less people saying its a neon cause when it beats them they wont want to say its a neon that beat them. I suggest buy a srt4 shell if you like the look and drop a big ass turbo engine in it. :D

Ya know I had that same attitude at one time when i did a Beetle up. There were 12 and 11 sec 1.8t's at the time but no matter what I did to it end the end it was still a beetle.

FWD sucks period when you get power it becomes a pain in the ass. My monte is a pain in the ass. buck will preeach to you about the lack of ability to get traction.

Get a wrx . this is ohio think about winter. My car with very few parts in it runs 13's . With another grand or so 12's

I don't have a problem with traction. Just gotta know how to drive it ;).

+1(wait can i give out points yet. Im not to shure)

I agree thorne with the fact its a FWD beetle or neon but why do people buy crapy ass shit boxes with rust and uglyness all over it and drop a big motor in it and say its sweet cause its a sleeper.

what is the max whp of and evo 8/9 and srt-4 with out internal engine mods(exception of cams).

Yep 500whp for the SRT and the Evo...I had both and both are great cars. I ran my SRT on 500whp about 20 times at the track and about 30 on the street and I had no problems....

I was just curious about these cars and since i'll be finally done w/ school in the spring that I wanted to do some research on them. if you guys have any comments/reviews on them that would be great. Also, if you know of any car forums or message boards specifically for srt-4's then that would be great as well.

thanks for the help guys

Paul

Buy Randy's aka SRT BAIT.

i am really considering doing so but now since thorne has been pushing the WRX i might just take a look into that and see what they have to offer also. awd is a plus but i feel with the neon platform minus the fwd is still an awesome start. i'll make up my mind soon

• 7 months later...
I had for for about a year and ahalf... I loved it stage two with toys, 265hp 276tq, beat up on all kinds of cars. hung with a few stock vetts. Tons of haters. bottom line i got mine for 17k modded it with about 3k and gave the car hell and never had a problem, ran about 13.0 everytime. I may get another one after the Viper is paid off.