any thoughts/comments on dodge srt-4 neon

Rustlestiltskin

I had a 04 srt4, 507whp, ran 11.1, I liked it. Nothing wrong with FWD if you have the right tires under it. Hell I held off many-a cars, Sprayed Vettes, Z06's, Stangs, Vipers, Viper Trucks, you name it. But wait......its still a neon right guys..... :D

And now your a Vette owner, so why shouldnt he skip the Neon and go for the Vette or something similar?

Friend out of Lima has on, unsure of year. Thing is fun but the factory clutch setup is a joke and the trannies are shit. I know the LSD units in them are stout but it makes no difference when you snap plastic shift linakage half the time. Motors are extremely stout from the factory (except the tiny turbo and the brick wall you hit when you shift into fourth) and the only problem my friend had was a reluctor ring shattered on the crank which is un-heard of from what i told.

Interior is still a Neon interior but with some seats and a nice Hurst shifter they look ok. Mean little cars just not my kind of candy, plus i am too big and grown up :p j/k but seriously i am too tall.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now your a Vette owner, so why shouldnt he skip the Neon and go for the Vette or something similar?

Friend out of Lima has on, unsure of year. Thing is fun but the factory clutch setup is a joke and the trannies are shit. I know the LSD units in them are stout but it makes no difference when you snap plastic shift linakage half the time. Motors are extremely stout from the factory (except the tiny turbo and the brick wall you hit when you shift into fourth) and the only problem my friend had was a reluctor ring shattered on the crank which is un-heard of from what i told.

Interior is still a Neon interior but with some seats and a nice Hurst shifter they look ok. Mean little cars just not my kind of candy, plus i am too big and grown up :p j/k but seriously i am too tall.

I'm not saying that he should skip the neon, I'm just stating that they are good starter cars. I started with an 88 olds, 97 civic, 04 srt-4, 03 evo8, and now a Vette. I'm saying maybe progress a little thats all.....

Hmm I have mine I've raced it no joke 100passes at the track last year slips to prove it an guaranteed over 150 races on the street....thorne, trueblue, soslow50 can vouch... cars if u take care of them are just downright nasty.. I've got 400 dollers in mine an it ran a 13.09 @108.9 in 30degree weather on cra9p street tires.. It'll be in the 12s at the track day same exact setup

An currently have a new big part to go on that will be coming to a freeway near you sooon!!!

Hmmmm....I'm gonna guess a large snail....

you my friend are a smart man, got awesome deal on it too woo

\

every on says yea yea yea its only a neon...my car gets LOOKS every single time i drive it mabey due to my exhaust or tint or lowered shit mabey all i think it looks good...there are people with them out there but not a shit ton, if you look at crs track day im the only one... its all comes down to can u live with people saying u drive a neon if so then when they give u shit offfer then a race...75% of the time they decline cause they KNOW you will beat them the other 25% dont know what the cars are capable of an u beat em, im not saying go buy a stock one and try to race a z06, but put a few bolt ons then they wont be hard to beat at all

I'm not saying that he should skip the neon, I'm just stating that they are good starter cars. I started with an 88 olds, 97 civic, 04 srt-4, 03 evo8, and now a Vette. I'm saying maybe progress a little thats all.....

Valid point sir, wouldnt want to go from the 88 Olds to the Vette. Might have wound up around a tree or something.

04SRT, ill see when my buddy Rob has his "big snail" SRT done which of you two are faster. Remember youll have to get around me first in the 1320 :)

Valid point sir, wouldnt want to go from the 88 Olds to the Vette. Might have wound up around a tree or something.

04SRT, ill see when my buddy Rob has his "big snail" SRT done which of you two are faster. Remember youll have to get around me first in the 1320 :)

I will be trust me hhaha oh an I plan on draggin ur truck or milan down the 1320 on may2nd lol

i looked into buying one a while ago, 04 and 05 are the ones to get, they have the front LSD. The wheel hop/torque steer and such can be tamed with driver and other mods.

Correct sir! With a set of solid motor mounts the wheel hop disappears...

I will be trust me hhaha oh an I plan on draggin ur truck or milan down the 1320 on may2nd lol

The Milan i would hope you could beat, but the truck you have no chance. You have to find traction first.......then again i might have to as well haha.

well duh Antwon

The Milan i would hope you could beat, but the truck you have no chance. You have to find traction first.......then again i might have to as well haha.

well duh Antwon

I got something up my sleve for track day an it isant another turbo, oh an traction isant bad I've pulled a 2.02 60foot on cra9ppy bald 225 45 17 tires, now I've got 245 45 17 goodtires with treed wooo

Oh an my car really hasent had any issues an has been a great dd