opinions wanted

RUTAN TA1647545492

I don't have as many mods as you do but the mods typically do not help the value.

I personally think that mods hurt the re-sale of a vehicle because of the fact that people dont know who did the work, if they did it right and knew what they were doing as well as whether or not they used the right parts for the application.

I personally think that mods hurt the re-sale of a vehicle because of the fact that people dont know who did the work, if they did it right and knew what they were doing as well as whether or not they used the right parts for the application.

True, but anyone who knows my car knows I havent cut ANY corners and I have done ALL the mechanical work.

True, but anyone who knows my car knows I havent cut ANY corners and I have done ALL the mechanical work.

That's the thing right there, because more than likely you will be selling it to someone who won't care if God himself did the work. We know he at least touched the motor, it's an LSX. :p

I went through the same thing when I sold my Formula, except you have FAR more money in your car than I did. I tried to sell it modded at first and got no bites. I put it back to stock, sold the parts, and sold it in about a month. :nod:

I'm also of the mindset that mods don't add value to a used car, they bring it down. Like I'd probably never buy a modded 03/04 Cobra. If I did, the first thing I'd do is take it to Brian to make sure it had a good tune... :)

That's the thing right there, because more than likely you will be selling it to someone who won't care if God himself did the work. We know he at least touched the motor, it's an LSX. :p

I went through the same thing when I sold my Formula, except you have FAR more money in your car than I did. I tried to sell it modded at first and got no bites. I put it back to stock, sold the parts, and sold it in about a month. :nod:

I'm also of the mindset that mods don't add value to a used car, they bring it down. Like I'd probably never buy a modded 03/04 Cobra. If I did, the first thing I'd do is take it to Brian to make sure it had a good tune... :)

As I was responding in this thread I was thinking about the trouble you had moving yours at 14K wasn't it? You probably had a little more difficulty because your car had a "narrower" group that wanted it. Most people that want an F-body want T-tops and prefer a T/A. Still you were trying to sell it for 14K - far cry from the people that are saying it is worth 20+. You might find someone to pay that much - it probably is worth it - but it probably won't move fast. Although that color is dead sexay!

I had a guy come up to me at a show yesterday and ask if I was willing to sell mine. I told him I had actually been considering it. He offered me 18K - I told him get the cash and it is his. I am not sure if I want him to get the cash or be unable to. We'll see by the end of the week.

As I was responding in this thread I was thinking about the trouble you had moving yours at 14K wasn't it? You probably had a little more difficulty because your car had a "narrower" group that wanted it. Most people that want an F-body want T-tops and prefer a T/A. Still you were trying to sell it for 14K - far cry from the people that are saying it is worth 20+. You might find someone to pay that much - it probably is worth it - but it probably won't move fast. Although that color is dead sexay!

I had a guy come up to me at a show yesterday and ask if I was willing to sell mine. I told him I had actually been considering it. He offered me 18K - I told him get the cash and it is his. I am not sure if I want him to get the cash or be unable to. We'll see by the end of the week.

No offense, but I'd jump ALL over $18K if you are serious. That's a great deal on your car. You figure I sold mine a little over two years ago for $14,500. I tried to sell it modded for like $17K or so. Mine was a 2000, yours an '02. I had less miles on mine than you have on yours now. So you figure they should be about worth the same as when I sold mine. You'd be lucky to sell yours for $15K all stock. $18K with mods is a great price, in my opinion... :nod:

No offense, but I'd jump ALL over $18K if you are serious. That's a great deal on your car. You figure I sold mine a little over two years ago for $14,500. I tried to sell it modded for like $17K or so. Mine was a 2000, yours an '02. I had less miles on mine than you have on yours now. So you figure they should be about worth the same as when I sold mine. You'd be lucky to sell yours for $15K all stock. $18K with mods is a great price, in my opinion... :nod:

I agree - assuming I want to sell it. I was kicking around asking 16K for it. Sadly, for me, it is not all about the money when it comes to my car. Financially it is a no brainer.

Also, keep in mind mine will be a bit more marketable than yours was. As I pointed out before yours was rare for a reason. Most people want a fully loaded Trans Am vs a "stripper" Formula. Only the ones that want to build a race car or who are looking for something rare look for the hardtops. Your car was too nice to be made into a race car.

I agree - assuming I want to sell it. I was kicking around asking 16K for it. Sadly, for me, it is not all about the money when it comes to my car. Financially it is a no brainer.

I hear ya. What are you gonna replace it with if you do? :D

You know what's crazy? I could sell my Cobra right now for MORE than I paid for it, that's how good the value is on it. But I won't sell it, unless I'm upgrading to a C6 Z06... :cool:

I hear ya. What are you gonna replace it with if you do? :D

You know what's crazy? I could sell my Cobra right now for MORE than I paid for it, that's how good the value is on it. But I won't sell it, unless I'm upgrading to a C6 Z06... :cool:

Nothing at this point. That is the hardest part of the deal. It will be a few years before I can replace it. I only have 10 pmts left....

Nothing at this point. That is the hardest part of the deal. It will be a few years before I can replace it. I only have 10 pmts left....

If that's the case, don't sell it. Unless you REALLY need the money for something else. Just my $0.02... :)