Autox at Cooper Stadium this sunday....

Dr. Apex

Had a blast today running my 93 RX7. I was only able to run 53's, and I am pretty sure 80% of this was a bad (inexperienced) driver. Hope to make it out a couple more times before I put the car up for the year.

Nice run by the way..

Dave

Dave, your car is gorgeous!! You seemed to do fine considering the power your car makes, when you hit the gas you looked like a passenger...lol!! Experience is huge in autocross, some people figure it out fast but even then won't run with the experienced guys. Obviously seat time will give you the most improvement on the course, but your cars stock suspension was definitely a hinderance with its power level. Your tires looked new enough but what kind are they?? There are huge differences in street tires out there.

If I had realized you were on here I would of said hi today.

Been kicking the idea around of brining the wife out to the 9/2/07 event and both of us running my stang... any idea what class I would run in?

Modified? I couldn't snake into ESP could I?

I have a 90 Coupe LX Mustang 5.0 5 spd with heads, cam, intake, supercharger, 3.73s, and basically a stock suspension but for 245/50/16 BFgoodrich KDWS tires (for now ;-) )

Thanks!

Andrew

Guest Kidneyboy
Arg, i hope the next one is slow speed. While i had fun at this event i need more than the 130hp my junkass 4 banger puts out. Best i could do was a 49.8, which is nothing in DSP.

Andrew, you are in the "SM" class. There are always a ton of entrants so you'll have somebody to play with. Come on out, you'll never have as much fun with your mustang and there are a couple of really fast ones in our region.

Joe, though I know the S has more power I know the feeling as it's underpowered for it's class. You'd be surprised at how much faster you can go with bigger/wider tires and other stuff, you have a momentum car!!

I ran the first heat and worked the second. I left after working (Did not get any lunch). The silver FD in the picture was mine. I thought the guy that rode with me was Steve?? Either way I had a blast and lok forward to the next event (I messed up posting my best time. I ran a 54 not a 53). Maybe next time......

Mitch you pic of my FD is my background on my pc now... Thanks!!

I ran the first heat and worked the second. I left after working (Did not get any lunch). The silver FD in the picture was mine. I thought the guy that rode with me was Steve?? Either way I had a blast and lok forward to the next event (I messed up posting my best time. I ran a 54 not a 53). Maybe next time......

Mitch you pic of my FD is my background on my pc now... Thanks!!

Yeah, it sucks being a noob running in the first heat, then with the 3 heat system you have to go right out and work. I wish they would allow 1st and 2nd timers to move to a heat where they don't have to run/work right away, it would be a lot easier.

BTW, next event is this sunday!!

Does ralph maltby still run his steeda stang in the OVR? Back in my teens I participated in one of those events and that car was unreal.

Also- even if there is noone else in SM- with my wife driving as well at least we can compete against each other.... mentioned it to her last night- we will see ;-)

BTW didn't see it on the website- perhaps overlooked it- what time does the event start on sunday?