Z07 Corvette?

EVILGTP98

Uhhh, Ford no longer sells the GT. And when they did, people were paying OVER MSRP for them.

There are 51 Ford GT's listed on Autotrader right now. The lowest price: $125,000. BTW, it has a salvage title. :) Tack on another 30k to get to the 2nd lowest price. But good luck on buying one for 100k.

And I still say that the Z07 will own the GT in performance -

A couple posted "put down the crack pipe" and "it's getting deep in here" - I want to know where I am mistaken.

I agree with Casey02WS6

Okay there's alot of stuff flying around about this car being all types of things and being able to do certain things. This is all stuff I've read out of well known Magazines like Car and Driver and MotorTrend, not from internet articles unless its one of the magazines webpages.

1. GM hasn't confirmed anything for sure in the lines of drivetrain or engine for that fact. All we know is it's gonna bump up the power pretty good.

2. They won't have a problem putting a manual in it. If it has to come to it they'll use an upgraded version of the current Z06 tranny.

3. The Z06 is the best value/performance of any production car in the world for the price and with MINOR mods they'll hang with or beat the GT

4.The GT is no longer being made so it's gonna be the Z0? and the Viper most likely as the two major contenders in the U.S.A for around 100,000 to 150,000

5. GM has been hinting that it won't be called the SS because they've never made one. People had been saying they'd name it that for a Classic Feel but they never made a corvette SS.

6. There's been no official word on what body style changes will be made or if it will even be in the C6 Line, it may be in the C7 line.

7. Car & Driver managed 3.6 0-60 in the current z06 with a top speed governed at 196 MPH.

All this is stuff I've personally read and it's pretty easy to find. ie. car & Driver, MotorTrend.

I'm a sucker for an automatic, but they are right. Most if the people that buy vettes love to drive manuals. GM may not have them at launch, but they will have them.

I am getting one of those in 2014 when I can afford a used 08 model.

I'm a sucker for an automatic, but they are right. Most if the people that buy vettes love to drive manuals. GM may not have them at launch, but they will have them.

I am getting one of those in 2014 when I can afford a used 08 model.

Rumor is they are going to a SMG style trans with paddle shifters.

You said ZO6, not 7. Hmmkay ;-)

My point was the Z06 runs with the GT already. The GT is faster but not by much. A good driver in a Z06 will out run a bad driver in the GT. Keep in mind the Z06 is 1/2 the price of a Ford GT.

What it really boils down to is LSx > *

;-)

Ohhh i want one soo freaking bad!!!

Brian.....FORDS SUCK!!

I hate it when people pledge allegiance to one make and have to bust the balls of the opposing competition. Someone who only likes Fords or only likes Chevys is no different than someone who is racist. Its just that in this case we are talking about cars and not people. But hey what the hell, if you hate Fords then go ahead and playa hate.

Guest 99BlackPonyGT

super snake info as requested - cant find any real pictures that arent made on a computer, but next time you hit a grocery store scope out the magazine rack, i saw a mag at kroger that had pics of one already built

Las Vegas – April 27, 2007 – Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500’s into fire breathing “Super Snake” coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements to the Ford Shelby GT500’s handling, styling and power; tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.

“My team at Shelby Automobiles is always working on new ways to build better performing cars” said Carroll Shelby. “I told them that I wanted to build a vehicle that could blow the doors off of most anything on the planet. By partnering with Ford Racing, we’re giving enthusiasts a Mustang with that level of performance.”

more details are in the full link

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?categoryid=18&p2_articleid=182

I don't see half the ideas being produced by GM and the like. They dangle it, and when it may come reality, they'll cancel, over price it, or bullshit and postpone. I've got more faith in diesel trucks being insanely fun. Look at that war, 500 FT LBS used to be a staple, look at what's coming up. Atleast trucks can get motors and power, but the cars get the shaft.

Thats not an actual Z07, its an aftermarket package from MTI. Here's the link that package. http://www.motorsporttech.com/print/mti_z07_brochure01.html . GM never produced a Z07 in the C5's. THe C4 had a Z07 in the form of a tuned suspension for a year or two that replaced the ZR-1 but it wasn't like the Z06 even.