Z07 Corvette?

EVILGTP98

I am sure someone else had to see this but my sept issue of playboy has a few page layout for american muscle and has a pic of a new red ZO6 but gives info about the 2009 Z07. 650 bhp, wide scoop on the hood, discreet louvers placed low on the front fenders and slotted air scoops for the breaks. Working name is Blue Devil, this is most likely old news but I found it intriguing so I put it up here.

Guest earleys94gt
100K-125K plus!?! Hell, you can get a Ford GT for that much. I respect Corvette's and I know you can make them very fast, but for 100K+ you can do better.

Guest 99BlackPonyGT
Holy Fuck.....

650HP on a "stock" car is getting to the point of insanity.

I would hate to see MSRP, Markup and Insurance Rates for that sucker!!

KillJoy

insanity? haha the shelby super snake is going to have 750bhp stock...imagine where we will be in 10yrs? either 1200bhp stock or like 100 if everyone keeps pushing this hybrid crap

I am sure someone else had to see this but my sept issue of playboy has a few page layout for american muscle and has a pic of a new red ZO6 but gives info about the 2009 Z07. 650 bhp, wide scoop on the hood, discreet louvers placed low on the front fenders and slotted air scoops for the breaks. Working name is Blue Devil, this is most likely old news but I found it intriguing so I put it up here.

Get back under your rock!

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/spyshots/C/chevrolet/corvette/03-large/Corvette-Blue-Devil-001.jpg

http://www.drivelineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/bluedevil.jpg

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/spyshots/C/chevrolet/corvette/03-large/Corvette-Blue-Devil-003.jpg

http://www.2bluesc.com/pictures/Corvette/bluedevil.jpg

It's awesomeness in a $100k can!

100K-125K plus!?! Hell, you can get a Ford GT for that much. I respect Corvette's and I know you can make them very fast, but for 100K+ you can do better.

A Ford GT has trouble with a Z06. The GT will not touch the Z07 performance wise.

Just to show I am not pulling this stuff out of thin air as some who have posted obviously have. They drank to much Ford-flavored Kool Aid -

2006 Z06

3151 pounds

505 HP

1/4 - 11.6 at 126.6 MPH

0-60 - 4.0

2006 Ford GT

3497 pounds

550 HP

1/4 - 11.5 at 128.7 MPH

0-60 - 3.5

That is a current Z06 - pretty close to a driver's race - 70K sticker vs 150K sticker. The new Z07 / SS / Stingray or whatever it is called will have 150 more horsepower and will be possibly even lighter than the Z06. All for a price STILL 25K+ less. You do the math.

Keep in mind I am talking performance - the GT has it all in the looks department.

Now I could be wrong (prob am) but i've heard this thing is only coming as an automatic? Now if thats the case, then I forsee sales to not be as great as expected. Any info on the Shelby Super snake like pics or links? Also in 10 years there wont even be gas to use so we wont have to worry about the days of 1000+hp from the factory lol.

So GM has the technology and no how to make a 650hp emission passing factory motor, but they cant figure out how to make a manual trans hold that power? Least they have time to figure it out. Still wanting a link for the Shelby Super Snake

I doubt that. The new T-6060 (or whatever it is) in the new Viper holds 600 HP just fine, and I expect the internals of that tranny will find their way into a transaxle for the Vette. I could be wrong though.

Uhhh, Ford no longer sells the GT. And when they did, people were paying OVER MSRP for them.

There are 51 Ford GT's listed on Autotrader right now. The lowest price: $125,000. BTW, it has a salvage title. :) Tack on another 30k to get to the 2nd lowest price. But good luck on buying one for 100k.