02 Suburban A/C not cold at idle....

HAOLE

I had the A/C checked and the tech said the pressures were fine. The truck will not cool down when it is at idle. The A/C just blows hot. As soon as I start to drive the A/C get very cold.... any clues?

Guest Removed
pressures may be fine but you can still have a low charge. have them suck it out and recharge it.

plus 1 on that.

or you could have a weak fan clutch. ei not pulling enuff air sitting still, causing head pressure to rise and kicking the compressor off.

plus 1 on that.

or you could have a weak fan clutch. ei not pulling enuff air sitting still, causing head pressure to rise and kicking the compressor off.

Thank you guys for the help!!!

Gearhead.... What does it cost to pull the r134 and recharge it?

Guest Removed
if its just the front unit system its around 200 or so.thats evac, dye ,r134 , recharge, and full system check, and leak tests. best bet is too call and speak with donny or mike, and tell him you are from here(to make sure he figures your discount in) and ask. I really dont do pricing. I just fix it...lmao(normally when they leave, i get my dash temps under 40 degree range)

before you spend a bunch of money go to the self help car wash and clean the condensor real good it might just be dirty

I have a power washer at home... I will try that first. If that is not the problem, I will check into the fan clutch.