It's been a tragic summer

El Karacho1647545492

at least for me and my family. While death is something that certainly surrounds us all the time (more than a few CR members being in the service of our gov't), for some reason this summer has been pretty rough on my family. one of my best friends hung himself, my best friend's mom just called me to tell me he's in the hospital because he tried to kill himself, my mom's best friend just succumbed to breast cancer this morning, the CR community just lost Chris (Mekkafire) to God knows what, and my aunt just found out she's got cervical cancer.

So whoever you are, call your parents, siblings, significant others, kids, anyone you really hold dear and tell them you love them.

yeah it's all happened in the last month or so, too. I've only got one grandmother (89) and one great-aunt (92) who I think will never die. My great aunt has been adamant about her readiness for death for the last 10 or so years, yet she keeps on truckin'. She's also got one of the most amazing memories I've ever seen at someone of her age. She remembers my sister's horse's name and all our pets names, even though she's never been to ohio or met any of the animals.

I went through the same thing last summer. Exactly 1 year ago it seemed my life turned upside down and everyone was dying. I thought it was never going to end.

I lost my best friend and my grandmother that was my favorite person in the world + a million within 3 days of each other along with many others.

You are right tell the people you love that you love them cause you never know.

Guest 614Streets

Yes always strive to have good relations with family so as a last moment remembered is not a long on going battle of negativity and close mindedness.

Depending on how early they find the cervical cancer it can be rid of through proceedures , it is very common.

at least for me and my family. While death is something that certainly surrounds us all the time (more than a few CR members being in the service of our gov't), for some reason this summer has been pretty rough on my family. one of my best friends hung himself, my best friend's mom just called me to tell me he's in the hospital because he tried to kill himself, my mom's best friend just succumbed to breast cancer this morning, the CR community just lost Chris (Mekkafire) to God knows what, and my aunt just found out she's got cervical cancer.

So whoever you are, call your parents, siblings, significant others, kids, anyone you really hold dear and tell them you love them.

keep praying.

This past spring I lost two grandmothers and a grandfather all within 5 weeks of one another. It's rough, I'm sorry for your loss but you're right, all it takes is a few moments to give close friends and family a call just to say "Hey, I'm thinking about you." Things can change in an instant.