CR Classic Car Check-in

El Karacho1647545492

Wow, too many C's. Either way, I've been wondering for a while how far back the list of CR's cars dates in history. So name your car, your year, and if it runs or not. I'll start:

1959 Chevrolet Apache 3200; 1/2 ton, Fleetside, Longbed. It's in okay shape (rough for a normal car, pretty damn good for one of its age) and is my daily driver.

Your turn.

57 Ford fairlane 500 (parents) when they bought it it has a 428 with a cobar 6-pack 4 speed manual and a 4.56 rear end.

currently has a EFI 5.0 auto tranny and a 3.73 gear (IIRC) in it. We also coverted it to disc brakes and power steering from a 70 or 71 cougar. Also got new paint this year.

1968 Buick GS 400 Convertible 1 of 2454 ever made

Original motor is in a bag in the garage currently has a 1970 Stage 1 engine With a handful of performance goodies..wonderful car that my dad has owned since the late 70s and passed it to me, just needs a lil tlc,

There is a pic in the pics and video section

1.) 1966 Olds F-85 2-door coupe, original, black w/ red interior, 250 ci straight 6, Jet-away tranny (Powerglide).

2.) 1969 Chevy Camaro RS/SS-350, POP car, auto (TH350), factory tilt wheel, AM/FM, A/C, P/S, PDB. Originally had a 3.08 open rear 12-bolt, but I changed it to a 3.31 positraction.

I have many...

1969 Corvette convertible, 427/390 horse, matching numbers. This car I bought 9 years ago and it didnt run or even look good. I have been through the engine(didnt pull it out though), replaced all rubber lines, brakes and buff'ed the heck out of the paint and it looks good. I am finishing up on some smaller issues and I will repaint in in the next year to make it show quality.

1978 Z-28, still a project car, I still need to hang new quarters on the back. I have a 305 it in presently and it runs.

1969 Chevelle SS=> another real SS car but I have a built 454 on a engine stand for it. This car is waiting in line for the 69 vette to be completed before I tear into this. Overall the car doesnt look too bad, it has some mud in the quarters, so I will replace them.

1979 Cutlass Supreme=> my first car. I modified the heck out of it. I have a 72 Oldsmobile 350 in it with non stock cam. I have dual exhaust on it and installed a posi. This was one fast car back in high school and I have still have it today. It ran when I stored it 15 years ago, and bought my 92 5.0 Mustang. It will need some work to get back in shape. The body is in good shape.

I have few other rides, but I dont consider them classics yet, 87 vette and 92 5.0 Mustang.

1951 Ford F3 in transition stage to be a Rat Rod

1966 Chevy 1 Ton Dump, bought it because it was my first driving job in the 70's. Needs some tender loving care but still runs.

1985 VW Golf Diesel, first new car I owned, got 60 MPG and still gets in the high 40's

1988 Suzuki Samari bought in 1990 still only has 65,000 miles on it, is one of my next projects for camping at the tracks and running around the infield and pits. The heck with golf carts.

'68 Chevelle SS396 - Original SS 4 spd car, no longer numbers matching as the original engine is long gone. Currently has a .030 over 65 396 block, and a Muncie M-21 sitting in a box on the passenger floor board. Since the car is no longer numbers matching, I'm not too concerned with building it the way I want it which will include a 500+ ci bbc (it'd be a shame to put anything less than a big block in it) and an M6 tranny. Currently, the car is sitting in my garage waiting...

'68 Chevelle SS396 - Original SS 4 spd car, no longer numbers matching as the original engine is long gone. Currently has a .030 over 65 396 block, and a Muncie M-21 sitting in a box on the passenger floor board. Since the car is no longer numbers matching, I'm not too concerned with building it the way I want it which will include a 500+ ci bbc (it'd be a shame to put anything less than a big block in it) and an M6 tranny. Currently, the car is sitting in my garage waiting...

Wow too bad it isn't still #s matching. It'd be worth a pretty enormous chunk of change.

It really is more sentimental than anything else at this point. My uncle bought the car in 1978, and ended up blowing up the engine he had put in it in 1982. The car hasn't seen the road since then. He's managed to hang on to it all that time, through three weddings, and three divorces, and now he's decided it's time for some new blood. I've had it for about a year now and moved it from C-bus to Cinci. Now that we've finally pretty well settled in, hopefully I'll get to start throwing some money at it soon. Even in it's current (mostly complete but needs total restoration) state, it carries a general value of about $5-7k. Fully restored and numbers matching would put it up to $50-70k.

1966 Plymouth Sattelite

It runs, but I have only put about 20 miles on it in the past 3 years. It was originally a 273 V8 W/ a manual tranny, curently has a very mild 440 with a 727 and a busticated posi rear. When my shop space opens up, I will be taking it all the way down, as it needs a little body work, and the floopans are trashed.

1983 Buick Electra

Technicaly a classic now. It is completely torn apart right now, ocupying the space that I will use to do my Plymouth. Curently I am putting the frame back together, and need to do the floor pans as well as some smoothing on the front sheetmetal. Same land yacht that I had at norwalk last fall, ran a 15.3 spining most of 1st gear.

1966 GTO special order Tiger car

Ram air, tripower 4spd with a dozen other options

have the correct motor in a bag with a ram air IV engine in it

i've had it for 3 days now :) New intake/carb going in it this weekend and swapping out the fuel cell for a regular gas tank...and it'll be back on the road with 14,000 original miles

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~mertzgea/tiger1.jpg

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~mertzgea/tiger2.jpg

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~mertzgea/tiger3.jpg