Cant decide

2pointslow

I have been kicking around the idea to do the v8 conversion in my focus. It is going to cost about 14,000 to do. This is including the kit, a 8.8 rear end, built 302 havent decided what stroker kit i would go with. I also have not decided on transmission kinda want to put a t-56 in it.

my point exaclty lol... There has been a handful of these built from 289s, 4.6, 302 and 351 mostly strokers. I have yet to see one break. ZX351 is blown up right now due to its dumb original owner who used to high of a shot of nitrous.

That video is on motor and just the conversion susp. which is coilovers and also street tires. No 4 link which i will have. I think it hooks pretty good for being 500+ lbs lighter than the mustang and shorter wheel base.

Steven, I have to agree with the other guys. As cool as the V8 focus would be, it could be a hassle. You have to consider the nature of the beast when you take on something like this. It sucks hard to be without a car because it just decided to break. I know, it's happened to me enough. If you do get an F150, go ahead and do the project then. If not, I'd buy a fox and go to town.

um i had the money for that build i sold the parts and bought a dirtbike.... any more stupid assumptions? I have been tossing this around for a while, even while buying parts for the turbo build.

hal..i am getting the f150 next fall... i will probably start tearing the focus apart and selling everything buy the cradle and rear end conversion part. Then start on the engine and rear end. the transmission, fuel system and everything else will follow after that.

i know it wont be as easy as selling the car getting a fox or older camaro and building it. Thanks for the input guys. Now what stroker kit? 331,347?? would you recomend a t-56 i like the idea of a 6 speed.

um i had the money for that build i sold the parts and bought a dirtbike.... any more stupid assumptions? I have been tossing this around for a while, even while buying parts for the turbo build.

Damn dude relax, you asked for opinions and people are giving them. You just need to expect to be critisized for it, especially when there are better options out there.

Yes swap cars are cool and different but they cost ALOT of money and when they break they break good. You can have a dependable car, and a dependable drivetrain but neither will be dependable after you add the two together. I agree you can find a Fox for 3k, or an LSx for more money and dump the rest of the money into mods and probably have a faster/more reliable car AND it wont take 2 years to build.

I have to ask the obvious, aren't you getting married? If so dont you think there are better, higher priority areas of your life that could use 14k?

Pros: Being unique, doing things your way, having a fast-ass focus.

Cons: Focus + V8:Focus::SRT-4:Neon. $14,000 could be spent so much better; a house, a fucking stock portfolio, something that'll earn you money, hell, maybe someday for kid's education? $14,000 is a shitload of money to sink into something you will grow out of (no one would want to drive a v8 econobox forever) and that will never do anything more than consume more resources (money, time, gas, etc).

what are you planning on getting and swapping into it?

I'm not swapping anything into the Eclipse. I am going to sell the Eclipse then use the money I get from to buy a car and an engine to put into it. I have it planned out but i dont want to tell anyone until I sell my car.

Pros: Being unique, doing things your way, having a fast-ass focus.

Cons: Focus + V8:Focus::SRT-4:Neon. $14,000 could be spent so much better; a house, a fucking stock portfolio, something that'll earn you money, hell, maybe someday for kid's education? $14,000 is a shitload of money to sink into something you will grow out of (no one would want to drive a v8 econobox forever) and that will never do anything more than consume more resources (money, time, gas, etc).

good perspective for sure

I say do it.

as for the build up from what I have seen and read its a straight forward built in swap with little to no fab required.

I would try to find a totaled cobra pull the driveline and any other needed parts sell of what you can. THe car would be as reliable as any other car drivetrain wise.