Mobile Electronics, Morse Rd.

Guest evobound

Guest evobound

Thought it would be clever to install doorspeakers in my Audi A4 with one screw (directly into the doorcard) per speaker, and duct tape.

Duct tape.

I found it later and took it back - they said too long, too bad - and the large piece of trim they broke isn't covered, as stated on a giant sign inside the shop.

Fine.

Stripping the rest of it from the car before trading it in, I found that they'd also butchered my wiring harness horribly.

I promised them I'd tell anyone who'd listen.

They didn't give a fuck, so here it is.

Duct tape.

Guest evobound

IIRC, the manager's name was Dave - and he was a really nice guy. He just wouldn't help out. He told me he'd have his 'best guy' do the install, and acted very impressed with my little Audi. It felt like it would be a good experience, but it turned out to be awful.

He did offer to reinstall it, but my idea of a proper install involved MDF rings and not duct tape, so I declined.

The crappy Pioneer coaxes were damaged bottoming out from the improper installation.

I do it all myself now. Seeya at dBDrag finals.

They have a new location on Indianola right by the shop i work at and there sure is a lot of whoop de do machines over thurr. Thanks for the info, now i'm sure someone has had a good experience and all, BUT if you let a car out of your shop like he is describing. I'm sorry, but that is just bad business.

I would never let them install anything for me. I have seen them butcher a impala before. I have re-done somethings they have done plenty of times. Like I had them cut a subwoofer hole for me. I looked told them to keep it and went to Sound Investment!

I had them do the alarm in my Formula years ago.

They took way longer than it should have, but seemed to do all good work EXCEPT on the alarm siren. They decided to zip tie the wiring all across my strut tower brace to mount it in a very easy/obvious place for them.

I ended up just relocating it to a far better (and more hidden) place in the engine bay, doing less work than it probably took them for that retarded idea.

i went to try to have them put a CD player in my malibu. it came stock with AM/FM radio. no cassette, no CD.

they told me they would have to wire the stock head unit inline, as the control for the airbags are run through the radio :rolleyes:

they said that would be like an extra 150 bucks or something, on top of whatever else the install cost.

bollocks!