Where have you gone and had good experience with home flooring/other things?

Bam

I need to replace the entire homes carpet as well as have some tile/linoleum done in my place. I was searching online and trying to find some local places besides the few I hear on commericals 24/7. Anyone with a good experience have a recommendation? Anyone know of places that list there prices by sq foot? My place is approximately 1400sq ft and 90% of it is carpeted.

Does berber stand up well? Or what do you guys recommend? I have no clue, first house and both my parents have all hardwood floors, which I'm not interested in right now.

thanks

Also, if you'd like to list places for HVAC, windows, roof, etc that you've had good experience with as well, that'd be much appreciated. I bought a fixer-upper and I'll definitely need some good contacts.

Matt

I have always done all my own work, but I have had others tell me they had a good experience with levis 4 floors. I might know a guy who does windows if your interested. They say berber stands up well, but to me, it looks as though it is matted down after walking on it for a period of time. We replaced several rooms in our house with wood laminate and have never regretted it. It is perfect for the kids and dog.