4g63 vs. FORD 2.3 turbo

heelside1647545510

Mike is right about the 4g, it has been proven 1000 times over. I've heard many good things about the Ford 2.3 over the years though their popularity at least from my perspective isn't what the 4g is. I've heard the 2.3 has a strong following in europe because it was in many cars over there.

I like the ford better it bolts right into one of the better hooking chassis

I have one for sale if you want to try it out :)

So your willing to bet your ford hooks better then an AWD talon?

You can't compare which motor has made more power simply because any motor could make 1XXX with enough time and money.

I think this comparasion should be based more on stock power and stock motor limitations.

They both seem to top out at around 450-500 on stock bottom ends.

Both motors can be had for decently cheap and parts seem to be just about everywhere for both motors.

Whats the stock hp output of a 2.3 ford?

I will say one thing about the ford 2.3.... you wont have to fix it every week like the DSM ;)

It is pointless to argue about what an engine could be made to do for the track. Most people are going to drive it on the street, and are not going to put 30k into the engine to get 900 hp. With enough money you could make any engine fast, even a Yugo.

Last summer, we saw an old vw bug with a 2.3T ford in it and it ran 10's.

my buddy has had a few of the turbo coupes, on the stock IHI turbo you can boost them to 18psi no problem, and if you switch it out for the older style T3 20+ psi is available. This was done on his last one with a $48 manual boost valve that took us about 30 minutes to put in.

I will say one thing about the ford 2.3.... you wont have to fix it every week like the DSM ;)

It is pointless to argue about what an engine could be made to do for the track. Most people are going to drive it on the street, and are not going to put 30k into the engine to get 900 hp. With enough money you could make any engine fast, even a Yugo.

I've had 3 dsm's, I never have to hardly fix mine. Apparantly I'm one of the only ones who knows how to take care of these cars. DSM's are as reliable as their owners, just like any cars, don't blame the motor for the abuse and poor maintenance they typically receive.

I've had 3 dsm's, I never have to hardly fix mine. Apparantly I'm one of the only ones who knows how to take care of these cars. DSM's are as reliable as their owners, just like any cars, don't blame the motor for the abuse and poor maintenance they typically receive.

Hey! Just like my RX-7! Regular maintenance parts, that's all I've ever needed.

Either motor is an interesting idea for this particular car he's been thinking of, I wouldn't go with either, but if I had to, I would go 4G63. It seems to me that there is a lot of aftermarket support. Basically wherever you look someone has something. But both can be had for dirt cheap since they came in everything from Hyundai's to T-Birds to trucks.

Yes but Simmons, a 4G for my build isnt practical at all. I dont have JP like skills. Making the 4G work in a longitudinal setup would be damn near impossible for me to pull off without some serious help I am not willing to pay for. Transverse engines are just too damn hard to convert.

So your willing to bet your ford hooks better then an AWD talon?

read again I said one of the better hooking chassis out there a set of control arms and subframe connectors will easily net low 1.x short times

the mustang is also far far far cheaper to mod than a dsm

imo