need some tax info

evan9381

i know its not something that i have to worry about right now, but with starting a new job a few weeks ago, i want to make sure i have all my tax stuff correct so i dont get fucked like i did with my old job and owing a bunch of money at the end of the year

im not worried about state/federal, what i need to find out is who i have to file with locally.

last year, my employer (who used to be in gahanna when i started, but moved to columbus dec 05, i also lived in gahanna for some of the time) withheld for gahanna all of 2006, and none for columbus. this meant i got a refund from gahanna for ~425$, but owed columbus like a little over 600

so do i pay taxes where i work, where i live, split it up?

i LIVE in blacklick, which if i understand right, has no tax liability since its not an actual city. i now WORK in westerville. now i know if/when the police get called to my appt complex, its CPD. does this mean i also have to pay columbus taxes, since i think blacklick actually gets wrapped up into columbus since its not an actual city?

i think what i should end up doing (correct me if im wrong), is pay taxes to columbus for the time i was with my employer in columbus, and pay westerville for the remaining portion of the year

TIA for any help