out with the slow 3.8 hello blown 3.8

Ryan218

me and dillon got a lil progress done today...all painted and ready...

droped motor in today to test fit...pulled it back out..have to swap the headers and motor mounts then its getting put in again....all painted and ready to go...

the flat black supercharger in person looks slick...

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor021.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor025.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor028.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/95mustang3.0tosuperchargedSCmotor032.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do they make it another way?

What exactly are you asking?

There is air to air intercoolers, whereas you would ideally want them "front mounted" to have the coolest possible air flowing over the core.

Then the air to water intercooler. It's basically a regular intercooler incased in a tank that has cold water running across the core of the intercooler. The water usually comes from an external tank mounted somewhere in the car that pumps ice water through the cooler.

Then you can have water/meth injection, where you are chemically cooling the intake air with liquid, and can be used alone, or in conjunction with either of the two style of intercoolers above.

so the block wont bolt up to a mustang tranny or will it??

i mean physically it should work right?

3.8 ford blocks are the same dimensions, the heads should be similar..

maybe the intake side on the thunderbird heads are different form the mustang in which the thunderbird intake wouldnt bolt up??

just wondering.

so the block wont bolt up to a mustang tranny or will it??

i mean physically it should work right?

3.8 ford blocks are the same dimensions, the heads should be similar..

maybe the intake side on the thunderbird heads are different form the mustang in which the thunderbird intake wouldnt bolt up??

just wondering.

it will bolt up the the tranny its just the stock 3.8 mustang engine wont last to long with a M90 sitting on top...

it wont last long stock. thats why i was suggesting built internals. mustang engine may last past 300k miles with the posi charger or it may last a cupple weeks after you put it on.

this link will teach you the basic if you want to know

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5716

My question about the air to water was is there another place to put it besides front mount. i haven't seen one put anywhere else thats why i stated a front mount air to water.

if you have a air to water and you want more hp, do you think CO2 spray or NOS would help the intercooler cool the air down or is that technique strictly for air to air

ryan that engine looks amazing. did you take the engine completely apart and sand everything down and then paint the outside or did you just paint it when it was together. plus how did you strip the clear coat and the ugly gray coat off the m90 or did you just paint on top of the coat.

it wont last long stock. thats why i was suggesting built internals. mustang engine may last past 300k miles with the posi charger or it may last a cupple weeks after you put it on.

this link will teach you the basic if you want to know

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5716

My question about the air to water was is there another place to put it besides front mount. i haven't seen one put anywhere else thats why i stated a front mount air to water.

if you have a air to water and you want more hp, do you think CO2 spray or NOS would help the intercooler cool the air down or is that technique strictly for air to air

ryan that engine looks amazing. did you take the engine completely apart and sand everything down and then paint the outside or did you just paint it when it was together. plus how did you strip the clear coat and the ugly gray coat off the m90 or did you just paint on top of the coat.

just going with a stock IC and Sc radatior to make it simple...hardist part will be the wirring...

for the M90...took alot of time...

its my buddies car so in our spare time we have been building it slowly...engine was out after 2 days of him owning it...

well i want to know if you took the SC engine apart to paint it or did you paint the engine while it was all together and did you sand the m90 or did you use a paint thiner/remover to get the past factory paint job off

who dose it matter...no just did it while it was together...

for the m90..scuffed it and painted....

I know most of this has been gone over, but, I wouldn't boost that blower 17+ lbs. At the range you're going to be creating too much heat to get any large gains in power. If you're planning on having this do any track duty, you'll want cool air. I would suggest a small (ie. 30-50) dry shot of nitrous. You'll pick up 30-50hp and a hell of a lot of torque from the cooling effect.

You may also want to add an IAT2 temp sensor so you know how much the boost changes will change temps.

Whatever you do, good work.

I know most of this has been gone over, but, I wouldn't boost that blower 17+ lbs. At the range you're going to be creating too much heat to get any large gains in power. If you're planning on having this do any track duty, you'll want cool air. I would suggest a small (ie. 30-50) dry shot of nitrous. You'll pick up 30-50hp and a hell of a lot of torque from the cooling effect.

You may also want to add an IAT2 temp sensor so you know how much the boost changes will change temps.

Whatever you do, good work.

actually...he has decided to sell it after we finish it to his brother who reall wants it....so it will be stock